DVD Writer not available :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Sony is best. But be careful while buying. Don't get cheated by Chinese low quality product. Always buy it from an auth. dealer and demand for ORIGINAL WARRANTY/GURANTEE CARD. I am cheated by the same way. I have SONY CD-RW. Its chinese, its printed on it that CDR write speed=52X but it is only 40X.

OP
V

vineetrocks2005

In the zone
The Unknown said:
Sony is best. But be careful while buying. Don't get cheated by Chinese low quality product. Always buy it from an auth. dealer and demand for ORIGINAL WARRANTY/GURANTEE CARD. I am cheated by the same way. I have SONY CD-RW. Its chinese, its printed on it that CDR write speed=52X but it is only 40X.

Thanks for your Advice

janitha

Wise Old Owl
The Unknown said:

I have never seen a Guarantee/ Warranty card issued by a computer dealer for any component.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Wait a sec.Liteon writes xbox 360 backups very well but i can't say that about sony.I have wasted two of my verbatim discs trying to write through Sony AW-G170A..

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
janitha said:
I have never seen a Guarantee/ Warranty card issued by a computer dealer for any component.
Then its simple. The dealer has cheated you with fake Chinese low quality product as was I.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
In southern states,most dealers wont give u gurantee/warranty for each components.but u can have a bill which will be written either as secondsales :)),but sure they give the gurantee.

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
The Unknown said:
Then its simple. The dealer has cheated you with fake Chinese low quality product as was I.
No, you are mistaken. We do get guarantee/ warranty and original components and as Freebird said, the bill is enough. ( But never seen a bill shown as second hand sale)

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Even I was cheated the same way. I got a Sony CDriter, the tray has no Sony written over it and it too gives only a speed of 40X. SH1t happens. :(

Ankit

Journeyman
well sony drives are available in boxed pack as well oem packs , sold arapped in a plastic sheet...always go for boxed packs.....chances of getting cheated is much less here...

on the bill what they mention second sale and not second hand sale...it's like this in mumbai as well...second sale implies sale tax already paid and they have to pay only vat....

almost all the it products don't have a warranty card..infact this is the case with most of the home appliances as well..either they don't have gurantee card or it is insignificant...u get the warranty service based on bill and/or the serial number of ur product...the serial number is registered with the v company

freebird

Debian Rocks!
Ankit said:
well sony drives are available in boxed pack as well oem packs , sold arapped in a plastic sheet...always go for boxed packs.....chances of getting cheated is much less here...

on the bill what they mention second sale and not second hand sale...it's like this in mumbai as well...second sale implies sale tax already paid and they have to pay only vat....

almost all the it products don't have a warranty card..infact this is the case with most of the home appliances as well..either they don't have gurantee card or it is insignificant...u get the warranty service based on bill and/or the serial number of ur product...the serial number is registered with the v company
Yes.I wrote it wrong-they will write as seconds sale.

Laser_dude

Master Chief
The Unknown said:
its printed on it that CDR write speed=52X but it is only 40X.
@unknown r u sure u r cheated because i have a sony combo drive which reads/writes at 40x at normal speeds
but after activating the Speed Boost feature(it can be activated by continiously pressing the drive eject button for around 6-8 secs and the led blinks twice)
it reads/writes at 52x

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
janitha said:
No, you are mistaken. We do get guarantee/ warranty and original components and as Freebird said, the bill is enough. ( But never seen a bill shown as second hand sale)
On a second hand product no bill is given.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Laser_dude said:
@unknown r u sure u r cheated because i have a sony combo drive which reads/writes at 40x at normal speeds
but after activating the Speed Boost feature(it can be activated by continiously pressing the drive eject button for around 6-8 secs and the led blinks twice)
it reads/writes at 52x

Oye laser dude, you right. My light blinks twice and it works at 52x. Cool thing this is. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom