DVD writer and other stuff from the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinodkrnair

Right off the assembly line
Hi

My friend is going to the US and I wanted him to get e ma DVD writer.I understand Sony and Plextor would be optimum choices..Needed expert advice on this and give me an indication of the cost. :?:

also Pls let me know how much a laptop -decent config and make wud cost..

also was planning to get a mp3 player..the mini type..

Anyone with some experience of travelling/having friends /relatives bringing things from the US please help,,also indications on the customs duties/restrictions in baggage etc wud be of great help..

Thanks in advance

krish

Journeyman
My post is not related to your query, but want to ask something. In your sig you have written 'AMD 2500+'. Where the hell did you get 2500+ from. Mybe from outside India?? I looked for it, but couldn't get it.

OP
V

vinodkrnair

hi

xp2500 Barton is definitely available in India..It was avaliable with priya Ltd in Mumbai till last month i suppose..but running more as a premium product..

Lots of guys in the forum have it dude..!
tough luck did not get it..maybe i cd help if i can get my hand on one if u still are looking...PM me!

godzi_85

In the zone
i think if you can ask someone to bring it for you from the us then you can bring stuff without duty ...i think the limit is 30k(rupees).. but i`m not so sure..

theraven

Technomancer
go in for sony between the 2
wait till dula layer is out
i think sony has already ventured into dual layered standards
the drives are for $239
ur "Decent" configuration laptop could mean a range of configurations and prices
atleast give us a purpose !! maybe we can help
if u can get one of the past issues of digit ... they had tested laptops i think 2-3 months back

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
A few companies have dual layered writers NEC, Liteon (dont know abt sony). As for the portable audio player go for i-pod. If the i-pods not in ur budget chk out the products from i-river. I can say that cuz i have a i-river product. Max value for money plus regular firmware updates to add newer features to the player.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
the 30k per person without custom duty is the correct figure.
Do you really write on dvd's,buying blank dvd's is expensive?
Anyways @ newegg.com,starting dvd rw at 70$

svenkat83

Journeyman
Hey Vinod as I have already said at TA,go for NEC Dual layer man.It cost only around $80.
I don't think customs duties will be a problem at all.So get it!

OP
V

vinodkrnair

Thanks Venky/Others ..kind of zeroed down on the NEC dual layer..
Tell me..Is it avl off the shelf..?

tell me any good merchant in New York/New Jersey where I cd get it picked?
Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom