DVD RW problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
I am having a HP DVD 735 model. I am using it for the past 3 months and it has been running without any flaw. But today itself it started giving me a strange problem, it used to copy DVD(s) well under 8 minutes....but now it takes 60 minutes or more to read my dvd(which i have used earlier)...these dvds are without any scratches....so that is not the problem.
Please help me

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
I have seen a HP pavillion desktop with the same problem in my friends house.
Have you installed any themes?
Do a system restore and see if the Problem still persists or not...

Or else Change the drive cable with a cable similar to the HD and try.

If all these doesn't work, reinstall XP.

Last edited:
OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
No themes....jus pure win xp. I am scanning for viruses right now using kaspersky. I will try with the cables n then reinstallation

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
No, it isn't a virus problem. It generally happens with DVD drives. As I said, a simple system restore should solve the problem.

shantanu

Technomancer
Yeah ,, you can buy a DVD-lens cleaner and try cleaning your lens ... It will cost you around 150/-

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
It may not be the problem with the lens as it is only 3 months old.
Now, before you say something, Just do System Restore.:D

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Because in two of the similar cases I did a system restore and voila!, the problem is gone.

I am tellig to do a Sys restore because, in most of the cases its one of the softwares installed that causes the problem:)

shantanu

Technomancer
SO now when system restore is off then you can just first clear your lens , then try to remove any recently installed software

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
codename_romeo said:
i have turned off my system restore....so cant do it
:(

Ok, all said and done, remove the hardware from the Device manager, restart the compy and let Windows detect it.

OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Lucky_star said:
:(

Ok, all said and done, remove the hardware from the Device manager, restart the compy and let Windows detect it.

This method did not help.......i think i will have to buy a dvd lens cleaner

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Ok, try that. But I think some software is the culprit here. If lens cleaning does't help, try Installing XP again. It will sure solve the problem;)

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah !!! try booting in safe mode .. and VISTA ALSO.. try copying in vista.. ok if it solves the problem..

@lucky _star nice thought buddy... GREAT :D

rajasekharan

Youngling
yeah a reinstall of xp will solve your prob . . since dvd was working fine till yest . i dont think its a dust prob. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom