Dvd rom reads only Cd's.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

qadirahmed

Journeyman
Hi Guys,

can any one help me to fix this... my lg dvd rom reads only cd's and not recognize Dvd's.... i tried to open it's cabinet and cleaned it lens (By watching one of the video in youtube ) but still its same.....

can any one know how to fix it.......?

please do reply.....

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
May be your DVD drive's lens in dirty. Better get a lens cleaner CD and clean it. Otherwise uninstall it and reinstall back from the Device Manager.

All the DVD drives have got two lasers, one for reading CDs and one for DVDs. If the laser has broken then the drive will not read DVDs. You'll have to replace it for that.

Aspire

Padawan
Hi Guys,

can any one help me to fix this... my lg dvd rom reads only cd's and not recognize Dvd's.... i tried to open it's cabinet and cleaned it lens (By watching one of the video in youtube ) but still its same.....

can any one know how to fix it.......?

please do reply.....

I'm facing the same problem.
need some help!
Help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
i was facing the same prob earlier with Sony DRU-170C, but then i installed Vista, so it worked on it, and now i am using Windows7 it also work on it

dissel

Cyborg Agent
As I experienced earlier with more than 3 drives,
DVD-Rom Player & DVD-Combo Drive (which only read DVD's & Read/Write CDs) appeared with same problem after completing 1 & half year.

My age old Sony DRU-810A still read/write both.
so solution is invest in DVD-Writers which are very cheap these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom