Dvd Rom Does Not Gets Detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

::vicky::

In the zone
hi

i am using windows xp SP2 few days back i removed my data cable AND power cable of my dvd rom and when today when i switched my power cable and data cable back on dvd rom it is not being detected by the windows xp sp2 .

following happens after switching on the computer (dvd rom connected)

a) i can open and close tray

b) i cannot see the drive icon in my computer

THANKS IN ADVANCE ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE APPRECIATED

THANKS!!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!

OP

In the zone
hi

i am using windows xp SP2 few days back i removed my data cable AND power cable of my dvd rom and when today when i switched my power cable and data cable back on dvd rom it is not being detected by the windows xp sp2 .

following happens after switching on the computer (dvd rom connected)

a) i can open and close tray

b) i cannot see the drive icon in my computer

THANKS IN ADVANCE ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE APPRECIATED

THANKS!!!!!!!!! AGAIN!!

zombie

Resident Weapons Expert
Problem with the IDE cable or the connector on the board. To check whether IDE cable is faulty, try using a different cable that is working fine. If that works then you know the culprit. Try using a different IDE drive (working) if the cable is OK. If its not detected even with a different cable then problem may be with the mobo connectors and may need servicing. Just my two cents.

Pathik

Google Bot
it means that the power cable is connected properly but not the data cable...
remove n connect again...

shivkumar

>>>>>Monkey Power
most likely thing is that u have not connected the ide cable properly. remove and reconnect the cable everything sud work fine

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
now i am having the same problem but it was working fine till last evening & I have not made any changes.
I cant see it in the bios nor the device manager but its powered up when xp boots up & I can open it & close it, its just not getting detected, how do I force detect it.

Could be some chnage in bios.
I am using asus P5b dlx wifi latest bios

SOLVED
it was the power cable connector which was powering it but one of the socket was loose hence causing the problem

Last edited:

sourishzzz1234

Q6600 Underclocked
zombie said:
Problem with the IDE cable or the connector on the board. To check whether IDE cable is faulty, try using a different cable that is working fine. If that works then you know the culprit. Try using a different IDE drive (working) if the cable is OK. If its not detected even with a different cable then problem may be with the mobo connectors and may need servicing. Just my two cents.
What's the cost of a new IDE cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom