DVD Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce_Wayne

Broken In
Recently i purchased Gigabyte Combo Drive.
It was working fine until i accedently changed DVD Region in the Device Manager Properties in Windows XP.
Now drive don't detect DIGIT DVD's in win XP. drive detects DVD's in win 98. pls help me.
i have 98 on c drive & XP with sp2 on d drive

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Did u change the DVD REGION more than 5 TIMES ??? If yes, then 5th time is the max option that DVD REGION option has while setting the code for permanent use. see this www.hometheaterinfo.com/dvd3.htm for ur confusion.Check ur manual for setting back the region. BTW do u knw the original setting of ur DVD (b4 accidently changing the REGION)???

Also see this as its a helpful site:www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html

Post ur results too :)

cheers n e-peace......

janitha

Wise Old Owl
ashu888ashu888 said:
Did u change the DVD REGION more than 5 TIMES ??? If yes, then 5th time is the max option that DVD REGION option has while setting the code for permanent use. see this www.hometheaterinfo.com/dvd3.htm for ur confusion.Check ur manual for setting back the region. BTW do u knw the original setting of ur DVD (b4 accidently changing the REGION)???

Also see this as its a helpful site:www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html

Post ur results too :)

cheers n e-peace......

But how on earth can the Digit DVD be region coded?
Correct me if I am wrong!

V.Prem Kumar

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
janitha wrote:

V.Prem Kumar
Its not about DIGIT DVD or sum other DVD, i jus said that since he changed the DVD region in his DVD by mistake so that will not detect (play) the DVD made in this region.

AFAIK, Basically all DVDs are region dependent (same as we hv NTSC and PAL for Game CDs) therefore, if the DVD REGION is changed (by default or by mistake) it will not detect any of the DVD (i repeat) It will not detect ANY of the DVDs of that particular region... :)

Cheers n e-peace.....

janitha

Wise Old Owl
ashu888ashu888 said:
janitha wrote:

V.Prem Kumar
Its not about DIGIT DVD or sum other DVD, i jus said that since he changed the DVD region in his DVD by mistake so that will not detect (play) the DVD made in this region.

AFAIK, Basically all DVDs are region dependent (same as we hv NTSC and PAL for Game CDs) therefore, if the DVD REGION is changed (by default or by mistake) it will not detect any of the DVD (i repeat) It will not detect ANY of the DVDs of that particular region... :)

Cheers n e-peace.....

Again I would like to know for sure whether DVDs like those of Digit are region coded? If so, why should it not work in his player even if all the 4 regions are used up.

V.Prem Kumar

royal

Padawan
hey Bruce_Wayne ...

U could try DVD region free :p
*www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

sometimes upgrading the firmware of ur DVD drive also helps...
though u gotta be absolutely sure that u know what ur doing :evil:
normally updates r available from manufacturer's website

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Hey, u can even contact ur manufacturer, read ur manuals, it says if u need help changing your region more than 5 times call at a particular no. I own a samsung dvd writer, hence can't give u the no.
Also, try using "DVD Region CSS Free", it is a shareware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom