DVD REGION problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evewin89

In the zone
i have a SONY DVD ROM (DDU1615) & its CURRENT REGION is showing "NOT SELECTED" i have 5 changes remaining..... i want 2 know what region should i select 2 get the best from my DVD ROM...:rolleyes:

bharat_r

In the zone
if u want to play dvds of other other regions, just use AnyDVD. You needen't have to change any setting of ur dvd rom.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
DVD region and CSS are two seperate identities.

DVD region coding which effectively prevents DVDs from one region being played in DVD players of other regions is set in the players , be it hardware or software ..

CSS is the copy protection mechanism by which you are effectively prevented from copying the DVD and is built into the DVD media.

Making the DVD player region free by flashing the appropriate firmware - either legitimate or hacked - does not guarantee that all DVDs can be copied.

In India, copying the DVDs owned by one , is permissible either as a back up or for playing on in one's own computer as "fair use" ( as per my understanding)

It is only when you want to rip the DVDs for "fair" use, one should look in for the appropriate software that will defeat the copy protection built-in in the DVDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom