DVD RAM drive out of order, HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chetan1991

Youngling
Hi Guys!
I have a grave problem. Some days ago, I tried writing DVDs with my DVD writer(16X SONY DVD-RAM drive) but none of them worked. Then It also stopped reading any kind of disk.I heard a faint sount in it and when I opened the drive from under and used it, I saw that after inserting the disk the motor started moving it and abruptly stopped, and then the lens started moving toward the motor, went back a little and again hit the motor. It just keeps repeating the to-and-fro movement.I had bought the drive 1 year ago and written only 2 DVDs with it(excluding the 4 which It ruined in 1 day).

gulgulumaal

Broken In
Yeah..if it's in warranty period, take it back to the shop. Else try cleaning the lens (carefully..dont use force) with some spirit and a soft tipped cloth or cotton swab (now that u've opened the drive).

If this also doesnt work, just throw away the drive and get a new one. It's quite cheap nowadays.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
@cyborg

Don't trust Lite-on dat much...At first Lite-on drives were superb.I own one and I benchmarked it.Itz really cool. But lately all d drives from Lite-on shown up some kinda problems ; high vibration+sound ,spin-up time is very high, faulty burning , tray quality low and so on......

@Chetan1991

d above mentioned problem is found with all sony drives and usally this happens at d end of warranty time ,i.e. 1yr.

utsav

damn busy...
A odd functions like that only thatz not a problem.if it had warranty then u cant avail it now coz u hav broken the warranty seal.get a asus 1814blt.many hav bought it and r satisfied.its more reliable than lite on

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Thanx for your replies. I'll still try to convin ce my vendor that it hasn't been tempered with ;) . Plaese suggest me some models and their prices if I'll have to buy a new one.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
  • Lite-on LH20A1H :1.55k(Light Scribe model, don't mistake it with LH20A1P)
  • Sony SATA DRU 170S :1.7k
  • LG 20x OEM:1.25k
  • Asus SATA :2.2k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom