dvd drive is not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

vavinashraju

Broken In
few days back the drive was opening after 3-4 tries....but today it is not opening...i tried uninstalling the drive still it is not opening ....even when the system is booting i tried at that time also it is not booting...plz solve my problem

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
How old is ur drive ?
It's a common problem with DVD drives.

If your disc stuck into the dvd drive insert a 2-3inch long pin into a hole in front of the drive. The tray will open. Remove the disc & press gently the tray to close it.

Seems like you need to get a new drive.

acewin

Point Blanc
or change the spring of the tray, no change needed until and unless the lens goes caput, if it is able to read and write why change drive, needs just a repair.

paroh

Padawan
There is a circular elastic rubber in the drive may be it is loosen or tight enough. As i also having the same problem the driver rubber is loosen so any one of u know where to get the rubber?

Last edited:

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
i have the same problem on one of my older sony dvd drives...sometimes it open at other time i have to right click on the drive in my computer to eject the damn tray and when the computer is sleeping and i wanted to boot form disc in that pc then i have to push the tray out physically by using a pin with a handle which came along with the drive..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom