dvd copying prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishekkalra

Broken In
i have recently purchased samsung dvd writer .my prob is that i m not able to copy any specific .vob file on dvd .i tried to copy one movie from dvd but ther r many .vob files and i m not able 2 understand which file is 4 which movie.whenver i tried 2 open each file ,again the same movie is played on.
plzz tell me how to do it.....

legolas

Padawan
abishek, a DVD movie which is say on a 4.7 GB DVD contains in general 4 VOB files. its max size being 1GB(shown as .99 GB). if u were to copy the DVD to ur hardisk u cud either take an image of your DVD movies using softwares like alchohol 120% or clone DVD or if u think its region protected/other protections, use 1 of teh many softwares available for taking image removing the protections...

if u r considering the space, then wat digital_brat said.. u cud do that.... i prefer using auto gordian knot for ripping... u can google to get the software and also tutorials reg. how to rip the movie. use a 2-pass proc. gives good results! thou it takes more time..

now, if this is wat u meant, then reg. the confusion with .vob files... all VOB files contribute to a movie(if the DVD contains only 1 movie). so if u were to play different vob files they play different parts of the same movie. u can use powerdvd to play the vob files separately. in case of 2 or more movies in a single dvd, its likely to get confused.. and u cud either check for the file name which wil be same for 1 single movie and different for the other movie containing vob files.

/legolas

legolas

Padawan
yeah, go here:

reg. the tutorials also, its given in tat site itself... and u can google to get more info reg. it in minutes... happy rippin! :D

/legolas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom