Dust Buster !!!

vizkid2005

In the zone
Hardly 1 week into the build ... These Freakin dust particles are all started building there homes in my machine !!! Arghhh !!! :evil: :pullhair:

We don`t live in a dust free country nor my room is a DUST PROOF INTEL RESEARCH LAB !!! There is going to be dust ... The outer case always seems dusty on the top ... The fans have caught up very fine dust particles that get lodged on the fins and edges of the fins ... The overall look of the machine has become dusty ... What do I do ???

Any suggestions to keep dust out ???
Don`t suggest to change my room or keep AC on all the time ....

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Keep it covered when not in use. When the room is swept or dusted out again cover it, even if it is on, just a few minutes will not cause over heat. If you can manage put in a fan controller, and switch some fans off. I do this. I use a 4X fan controller and switch 2x fans off when not benching or gaming. Less dust is pulled in.

Rest....clean it out every 3-4 months. We all do. Sad.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
yeah after every 2 months..whenever I open my cabby for cleaning...it hands out a pocketful of fine dust.If I were an asthmatic I would have died by now :|
Just Kidding

But no matter whatever you do, you will always find dust particles clinging to your fan blades and vents on the cabby...there is no escaping it...

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
It also gets to the HSF fins, and inside the GPU shroud -- which I open and clean. Its like this inside:
*img156.imageshack.us/img156/1958/1000961h.jpg

And the plight of the HSF is this..!
*img23.imageshack.us/img23/1094/1000924w.jpg

avichandana20000

Cyborg Agent
The overall look of the machine has become dusty ... What do I do ???

Any suggestions to keep dust out ???
Don`t suggest to change my room or keep AC on all the time ....

google the topic you will find whole lot of suggestionS on cleaning the PC.

ask here if u have any qn or doubt. HAPPY CLEANING.

Last edited:
OP
V

vizkid2005

In the zone
Thnx guys ... I guess there`s no escaping the dust monster !!!
@ asingh : so much dust !!!
What u use to clean the dusty heatsink fins ?? IPA ????

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
I was actually replacing the HSF at that time. But I used a small vacuum and cloth. Dust is integral to India, unless you have an a/c environment or live in Mussoorie...!
:)

Top Bottom