Durable In-ear earphones

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
Guys after damaging my Samsung earphones, I have been using a Sennheiser CX 300II in the meantime. Looking for a more durable pair of earphones as I have already got my sennheiser ones replaced once and fear that they are going to get damaged again (and also my sis needs it :p).
I intend to use the earphones with my Note II and also even though I have tried to not damage my previous earphones, none have lasted me more than a couple of months. :/. ( I guess using the earphones with the phone tucked in the jeans pocket damages the wire where it connects to the the phone).
My main criteria is durability. Not really an audiophile.
Price should be around 2k +/-500.
Please recommend me some good pair of earphones guys. :).

josin

In the zone
Buy this one...Signature Acoustics Elements C-12 - Buy Online @ Rs.2393/- | Snapdeal

Reviews
1.Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12
2.The Elements C-12 IEM by Signature Acoustics | Headfonics
3.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/reviews/1...-elements-wooden-iems-review-impressions.html

I have these with me and I am using this one for the past 6 or 7 months and believe me these sound much closer to triple balanced armature Iems which can cost anything between 10 K to 15k. I have rainbow's components connected to JL audios's 4 channel amp along with rokfordfosgate's Sub and 3way rear fills in my Car and whatever Iem/headpohes i Buy, i compare it with my car's set up. Hence i was never satisfied with none of my iem/headphones and none of my iems came close or atleast to 10% to my car sound system , but SA's C-12 comes 30% close to my cars set-up.

These are not my words but this is the review i would have written.
My mini impressions:
Sorry that this is not detailed or long or well organized and no pics, just writing whatever comes to mind.

Note: I have listened to TF10, M3 and marshmallows before this

They come in a black box full of layers of foam to protect the earphones and the beautiful case that comes with it. The wooden housing is elegant, small and light. Actually it is really light for something which is made of wood. Due to its shape and weight, it is extremely comfortable to wear( for me ). Three pairs of silicone tips are included and do their job pretty well. No foam tips are included but I guess the decision was due to the effect they have on treble and truthfully, they aren't required either as fit is excellent. The brass case is an object of sheer beauty and is a representation of the passion that went into making these iems. I wouldn't be surprised if there were people who would buy these only for the case. Regardless of the practicality and weight, the case is awesome and will definitely evoke people's interest wherever it is seen. The braided cable is dense but thin, but still feels pretty durable and micro phonics are practically nonexistent.

Coming to the signature, these are definitely on the warmer side, musical and fun. Their price point puts them in competition with proven products like the M2 and M3. Though the M3 is a lot pricier than the C12, it is nice to see that the C12 actually performs better on most fronts. Mids are C12's strongest point. The mids are beautiful, clean, smooth and luscious. They make some songs heavenly. The bass is excellent. Most people complain that M2 has a lot of bass but is muddy and overlaps with the mids. And M3 has a tad less bass. C12 strikes the perfect balance with excellent quantity without much creep or overlap with tight quality. The treble is smooth and slightly rolled off, elusive when not needed but ever present when the song requires it. The treble is good for most songs for fatigue free listening, but a little boost to the treble would satisfy people who like more high end frequencies in their music. The sound stage is good too, though not huge, it is definitely bigger than M3. Instrument separation too is fine, unless the song is too complex, but it is still best in its class. With its wonderful mids, balanced bass and smooth treble, C12 somehow achieves the sweet spot which M3 so desperately tries to achieve. The C12 is everything the M3 is and more. All compromises that had to be made with the M3 are filled in in the C12. And this coming from a person who feels the M3 is the best in its class. The C12 is not just a competitor, it is surely a winner. I think it is time for M3 to step down and C12 to be crowned king of the budget mid tier. At its price, it is surely a must buy for anyone starting their iem journey, as this is one iem which is both a crowd pleaser and one which impresses audiophiles.

Note to @PristineNote : As awesome as the iem might be, it is equally important to have a good brand image. The packaging though good, doesn't go well with how much detail is seen on the case. The font on the packaging needs work and it would be better if all the layers of foam are black and uniform, instead of different colors as, right now, the packaging looks like an afterthought. I feel this helps a lot in the long run in establishing the brand. This is just my personal opinion and has nothing to do with the iem whatsoever.

Last edited:

Knight2A4

In the zone
here is something that i got while i was reading along one of the reviews This reminded me of your enquiry

jbl-j33 in ear headphones review/

JBL J33 BLK In-Ear Headphone: Amazon.in: Electronics

Top Bottom