Dual sim phone less than 10k with both the sim slots as 3G

ssb1551

Technomancer
Hi all. As the title suggests I am looking for an Android/Windows phone dual sim phone where both the sim slots work on 3G as most of the hand sets in the market have a 3G+2G combo. So are there any such sets available? If yes then below is the filled questionnaire.

1. Budget? Preferably < 7k/8k (as less as possible) but 10k is tops for the phone as the person already has a flagship of last year as the primary phone.
2. Display type and size? Preferably > than 4.5" (screen size). Don't really care about the phone size.
3. Dual sim? oh YESSS & both the sims should be on 3G
4. Preferred choice of brand? None. Since its a secondary phone, it doesn't matter what brand it is long as the phone can make calls, send & receive text & most IMPORTANTLY both the sims run on 3G
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Like I said in 1 of the above points the person already has a flagship of the last year so camera aint a priority as all the flagships of last year had amazing & powerful camera capabilities.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android or Windows
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). Both the SIM slots should have 3G connectivity & not the 3G+2G combo
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? There is no primary use as its a secondary phone. The user already has a primary phone.
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? So far I couldn't find a single phone with 3G+3G combo so I aint very optimistic. How about 4G+3G combo?
10. Any other info that you want to share - Nah, already shared the most important concern.

mitraark

Decrepit
Micromax Yureka seems to be a good option for you at 9k.

Yu Yureka mobile with 5.50-inch 720x1280 display powered by 1.5GHz octa core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 alongside 2GB RAM and 13-megapixel rear camera, Battery capacity (mAh) 2500 Dual SIM 3G

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
But will both the SIMs work on 3G or 3G+2G? I ask 'cause I've seen quite a lotta my friends swap the SIMs in order to get 3G on both of 'em. Lemme explain - A friend has Xiaomi Redmi 1S which has 3G + 2G combo slots. He can use 3G of only SIM 1 even though the SIM 2 has 3G too. He has to switch off the phone, remove the 2nd SIM from the 2nd slot & put the 2nd SIM in the 1st slot in order to access 3G on the 2nd SIM. And when 1st SIM (which has 3G too) is inserted in the 2nd slot it can't have 3G, only 2G. This is 1 example of a dual sim phone with 3G + 2G combo. What the user needs is - to have 3G on both the SIMs and access it without having to swap and do all that work. I hope my point has been conveyed.

Having said all that now can anyone confirm if one can access 3G on both SIMs in Yu Yureka?

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Lumia 535 hands down
im sure someone looking for a backup phone will want excellent battery lifewhich is unmatched with the 535,plus windows phone is a fresh Os in comparison to android and ios and im sure he would want variety instead of lugging around 2 androids
Im not too sold on Yureka yet as CM still has loads of software bugs on both the Yureka and OPO , a reason why even im holding out from replacing my Nexus 5 with one of the 2

$hadow

Geek in making
Absolutely +1 to 535 since they fixed that touch bug with a big patch. Not sure about both 3g active sims.

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
I checked a lot too. Alas! I guess there are no phones which allow 3G to be run on both the SIMs.

ashs1

Padawan
Has any member posted a review of yu yureka on tdf yet ? if not, please do post. :)
can it play 1080p videos smoothly ? ( video bitrate around 3Mbit/s to 7Mbit/s)..is the camera better than moto G2 ?
My brother is planning to get it in the next flash sale. :)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Has any member posted a review of yu yureka on tdf yet ? if not, please do post. :)
can it play 1080p videos smoothly ? ( video bitrate around 3Mbit/s to 7Mbit/s)..is the camera better than moto G2 ?
My brother is planning to get it in the next flash sale. :)

I was going to but got viral fever last week. Will post asap. :|

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I checked a lot too. Alas! I guess there are no phones which allow 3G to be run on both the SIMs.

Lumia 535 supports 3G on both sims simultaneously
proof-
*tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/m...t-smartphone-in-india-for-rs-9199-243395.html

OP
ssb1551

ssb1551

Technomancer
Lumia 535 supports 3G on both sims simultaneously
proof-
Microsoft launches Lumia 535 budget smartphone in India for Rs 9,199 - Tech2

Thanks for the link kkn13 !! I am definitely gonna suggest my friend to buy that. :)

ashs1

Padawan
my pleasure :)
hope he likes it
do post a review if you can

i purchased a Lumia 535 for my dad about one month back.. I can post a review if you guys want..Just tell me what sections are to be reviewed..( Camera, Build Quality, Display..what else ?? )

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
i purchased a Lumia 535 for my dad about one month back.. I can post a review if you guys want..Just tell me what sections are to be reviewed..( Camera, Build Quality, Display..what else ?? )

Im sure about camera quality and software
im curious about the rest
I have a 720 and my friend is interested in the 535,she currently has the 630 which she wants to sell to get the 535 because of front camera etc,I was trying to convince her for 730 but she doesnt have the budget at the moment and couldnt justify the difference based on her needs

I know 535 is an excellent phone,just curious how it compares to the 730 size etc wise

$hadow

Geek in making

How is the performance of SD 200?

Top Bottom