Dual monitor setup for gaming

Dr.Kumar

Broken In
My previous dream build with 90k budget is delayed due to some problems... :(
So wanting to build a dual monitor gaming setup now. I have some of components and they are listed in template..

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
:arrow: Gaming. [+HD movies, programming and 24*7 downloading.]

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
:arrow:No, since I have most of components already.

3. What is your MAX budget?
:arrow:: 35k(better to keep it under 30k)

4. Planning to overclock?
:arrow:: Maybe in future, and if possible in budget.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
:arrow:: Win 7.

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
:arrow:: I have 7200RPM 500GB.

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
:arrow:: 2*1920*180

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
:arrow: 4.05

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
:arrow: Do it myself. But why does this matter?

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
:arrow: between 15-25 December \\\\\\\'11.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for \\\\\\\"future proof\\\\\\\" configurations?
:arrow: :confused:

12. Are there going to be any components that you don\\\\\\\'t want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
:arrow: I have the following components:
CPU - Phenom II x4 840
Monitor - BenQ G2220HD(only one, need to buy the other)
GFX - Sapphire 6850
HDD - 500GB
RAM - 4GB

In other words, I only need a PSU, a monitor, a cabinet, a motherboard and if needed another gfx card.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
:arrow: New Delhi & Mumbai

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
:arrow:
I have heard that to run games at dual screen, I need a dual gpu setup. Is that true?
I also heard that dual gpu has many heat problems and can explode. Is that true?
The PSU you are going to suggest must have some headroom for extra HDDs etc.

If all this cannot be purchased in specified budget, then please tell me how much do I need to extend my budget.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
To get good fps, dual gpu with dual monitor is recommended.
And no, dual gpu cannot cause it to explode.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Dual monitor will cause the crosshair to bifurcate and if bezel correction is used, the crosshair will disappear. Good luck shooting.

For your budget, a second GPU, new PSU, Processor and RAM would be suitable.

FX-8150+8GB RAM(2x4GB)+ good 750W PSU+ another 6850.

That would be 15k+4k+6.5k+10k approx.

List you mobo here otherwise there will be incompatibility issues with CPU.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
extreme gamer, read the answer to question no. 12 again. It says that OP does not have any cabbinet or mobo. So, I guess he should not upgrade to a 15k processor so that there is sufficient money for motherboard and cabinet. Also second monitor is needed too!!

IMO, OP should go with:
Another 6850 - 10k
BenQ G220HD - 7k
Tempest Evo - ~5k
Seasonic 850w - 7k

Now about 6k is left. See if you can get mobo in this. I have no idea about motherboards :p

Tenida

Gadget Freak
For dual monitor setup I think Sapphire/MSI HD6950 2GB DDR5 will do good.Op can add another HD6950 2Gb if he wish.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
dual monitor setup is a bad idea for FPS . if you dont belive me try to get a experience if available .

you will have better experience with a large single monitor

Top Bottom