Dual Core or Single Core?

Single core or dual core for near future use?

• Dual Core

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • Single Core

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

sidaster

Right off the assembly line
I am planning to buy a new droid, but am facing a dilemma. On one hand, I can use the 16K i have saved up on a Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V, or I can save up and go for a Samsung Galaxy R for 22K. I have to buy it soon, before my college starts again.

For me, a 3.7" screen works fine. The thing is, I was wondering if I would really need a dual core processor or not.

My uses are watching movies, listening to music, playing games and just playing around with apps, etc. Both these phones can do these things. (Not sure of the neo being able to play DivX videos at 720p with Rockplayer or MX Player).

Also, would a 1Ghz Scorpion with an Adreno 205 be able to run smoothly with ICS and will I be able to use it for a year without being limited too much by hardware?

Last edited:

TheLetterD

Will Power
Neo V is an amazing Phone but then again its a single core.
Yes it would be able to run ICS and it is getting the official update soon!
But I would still recommend the Galaxy R if you can afford it! Check out its reviews first... Im not sure what its drawbacks are. SLCD is one!
Also consider the LG optimus 2X too.

ujjwal321

Journeyman
get a dual core phone if u can afford it.. even though single core phones are excellent alternatives for people who are tight on budget dual core phone is the future.. get galaxy R.. my another suggestion is look for phone with more than 512 RAM. I had galaxy S and now have a atrix 4g with 1gb RAM.. trust me multitask was a pain in galaxy S after installing more apps.. I could not run more than 2 apps simeltaneously.. I don't know if u can get atrix in India or not but if you can find it go for it.. amazing phone with better battery life than most of the androids.. having said that you won't be dissapointed in most of of the high end androids now a days.. they are powerhouse.. a pocket computer in true sense

Omi

-=[-_-]=-
depends upon how you use it, even a ghz is overkill for most
BUT IMO if you want to ENJOY android get a dual core, android has lag issues that vanish with so much processing power, also not to forget the HD playback, Tough I doubt weather the 2x will be able to play 720p MKV smoothly

The galaxy R and the 2x are almost the same devices, having same processor, tough the R has 1 GB ram it has 720p recording on the other hand the 2x has 1080p recording

Its a very tough choice between the two, R for the 1gb of ram @ 21-22K
but if budget is tight LG Optimus 2x @ 20k [19 with coupons that you can find]

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
Don't only consider the processor,also consider the RAM and internal memory as they also play an important role.
First go to your nearest store and try to get hands on both LG O2X and Galaxy R and then decide.

ofabhishek

║ Green World ║
@ OP & Other geeks here...

me too in same fix....
but inclined more toward Galaxy R because of bigger screen & 1GB RAM & this time better design than most galaxy phones out there... display doesn't matter much to me whether its Superamoled or SCLCD

but will Galaxy R get ICS update ??? thts a big question for me.....

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Optimus 2X is all about modding and custom ROMs.

If you're getting Optimus 2X, that's what you _should_ do. Otherwise don't get it.

ujjwal321

Journeyman
@ OP & Other geeks here...

me too in same fix....
but inclined more toward Galaxy R because of bigger screen & 1GB RAM & this time better design than most galaxy phones out there... display doesn't matter much to me whether its Superamoled or SCLCD

but will Galaxy R get ICS update ??? thts a big question for me.....

go with galaxy R for its 1gb RAM.. 512 is not enough once you start installing applications.. I am sure it will get ICS..

OP
S

sidaster

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for all the replies.
Well, I guess the Neo V is out. I'll go with the O2X or R.

If any O2X owners are present, can you clear up a few doubts?

1. Battery Life- I had an ace, so I know android isn't that great in this department, but how bad is it?

2. UI- Is it good, bad, or ugly? And any good replacements without voiding the warranty?

3. Video playback- Can it run HD videos in mkv?

4. General Performance- How is it compared to a galaxy R? (After the GB Update, that is.)

Top Bottom