Dual Boot Win 7 & Win 8

stellar

Journeyman
I have searched in Net how to install both Win 7 and Win 8 but Mostly I found, It gets install in same C: ( System) Drive.

I have 500 Gb HDD and i made it into 3 Partition of 166 GB each. My question is Can I install Windows 8 in D: Partition n Instead of C: and still get dual boot option. Run both win 7 and win 8.

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
> Install Windows 7 in D drive
> Install Windows 8 in C drive. You get to choose the drive you want to install to when you boot from the install DVD. Just don't choose the partition where you installed Win 7 (It'll be partially filled up, while other two are empty)
On reboot you get the two options automatically
> You can install EasyBCD if you want more control.

If you want more detailed guide, google it. Plenty of youtube videos available

Vignesh B

Youngling
How to Dual-Boot Windows 7 and Windows 8 Side By Side
It is for the developer preview version of Windows 8, but the retail version also works the same way.

gameranand

Living to Play
I have searched in Net how to install both Win 7 and Win 8 but Mostly I found, It gets install in same C: ( System) Drive.

I have 500 Gb HDD and i made it into 3 Partition of 166 GB each. My question is Can I install Windows 8 in D: Partition n Instead of C: and still get dual boot option. Run both win 7 and win 8.

Yes you can do that easily. Just follow the lower to higher order of installing the OS. Also if you face problems regarding the Boot Menu then you can always use EasyBCD.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
You may be facing a conceptual error otherwise installing windows on any partition one likes is an easy thing to do. Just choose which drive when installing. By that conceptual error , I meant drives other than C: might not be formatted as a Primary partition. As such, Windows will not allow you to install in a Logical partition.

Top Bottom