Dual Board Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the mihir

Broken In
playing games on the pc has not remained as easy as it was three to four years back. any one with a p3, celeron, 128 mb ram and onboard graphics could play most of the games out there without any trouble...

i played age of mythology on this config....but this has changed now...

today atleast a 6600gt is required to play games like F.E.A.R...that too at pathetic frame rates like 30 or 35 with most effects turned of or at minimum. and the graphics cards dont come cheap either..
to be able to play the latest games with high detail and acceptable frame rates..u need to have atlease the 6800xt..which will set u back by a coo. 9,000 bucks...want more detail and blazing fps u have to shell out 20,000 for a 7800 gt..and these cards are bound to become out dated in about a year...
most of the gamers cannot afford to spend that kind of money again and again...especially in a poor country like ours...we need some thing that lasts longer and gives good value for money...how about this?...

we have all witnessed dual core procesers...dual grapics cards(read: sli and crossfire) how about a dual board system?
a graphics card is nothing but a main board with a processor(gpu) and some ram..
why not make a card with an upgradable gpu and extendable ram?..it will just be like the motherboard...if this happens one can buy a 7600 card now..and upgrade to a 7900gtx later and extend the ram to 1 gb as well at less cost than a new 7900gtx card.
this will be future proof and also give us more choice and flixiblity...
also...a socket for a seperate ppu(physics processing unit) can be included to make the card even more future proof...support for direct x 10 can be added using firmware upgrades...
well we can expect such a tech in the future.
i think that the game developers and the card manufacturers purposely out date cards so that we gamers are compelled to spend more and more...anyways lets hope that we will bw rescued by such a dual board technology in the future..if any engineers are reading this.start researching

vandit

In the zone
why not connect an old motherboard with CPU ,RAM and HDD into a empty PCI slot via a cable which can connect the PCI slot of old one with the new one..??????? :rolleyes: a bizzar idea though....

OP
T

the mihir

Broken In
pci transfer rates are too low...
may be both the pcie16x slots with combined bandwidth will have to be used to get good connection...
by the way i wanted to say that the same graphic cards we have today should come with upgradable gpu and ram...and may be a ppu slot to make it future proof

and....
i dont think going console is the option..especially in india...
pcs are all ronders...consoles just let u play games and may be watch a movie or two...
also the acceptance of console in indian market stil isnt enough...

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Want to upgrade your graphical capabilities without throwing away your old graphics card?
That's what SLI and Crossfire are there for buddy.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Whats the use when in about 3-4 months period they dish out another sinlge line of Graphic Card which single handedly takes out both of those SLI OR Crossfire cards? :confused:
Just when I thought 2 6800Ultra's were extremely tough and nothing could bypass this barrier of 2 Graphic Processors,along came 7800GTX and knocked the hell out of both those cards.;)
The point is here is not the hardware people but the games being made are so f*cking high on graphic content that every single hardware dates out before you even blink.I mean why not develop games like HL2 which has magnificient graphics and great physics capability yet retaining respectale frame rates on even low end configurations.Another case point is our very own Hitman a.k.a Agent 47's current upgrade of the Glaciers engine.The previous ones were content with the normal system requirement and yet had good visual glory and superb gameplay.Unfortunately,the current Blood money is more reliant on Graphics and visual treat making it heavily taxing.I would rather have had the previous Glacier engine and less system requirements than lag ahead to play the game pathetically.Sheez!:evil:

Console's have the best advantage of developers scaling the games to their set hardware and hence we attain a flawless gameplay.So here I stand confused to Buy a console or High End PC which would barely last me a couple of months or a year and a half.:neutral:

The developers should take note of such factors and then make up games which would have a universal acceptance.The PC hardware's war wont end and its matter of having dominance that would drive these Graphic card and CPU manufacturers to dish out new stuff every next month.So Pay up to cope up,its as simple as that.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. for that u'll need to buy ddr3 mem,. which will costs bangs , etc etc. .. too many limitations .... then u can also ask , why not have CPU's with upgradeable cache's .... well ... if only it could have been done ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom