DTH buying- TataSky OR Dish TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in rajasthan. I was not satisfied with my cable connection so I got disconnect It last month. I am planning to subscribe a DTH service for about one year but I am still confused about It. Which DTH service should I subscribe -TataSky OR Dish Tv? Should I subscribe now or still I better wait (I have waited a lot! I am missing Mahabharat of 9X)?. Dish TV packages are attractive but It doesn't have ETV Rajasthan & UTV movies, bindass, UTVi etc. Tata Sky doesn't have many Radio channels & Zee next & Smile while Dish has. BIG CONFUSION, plz help! & also is there any way I can receive DD Direct+ channels on TataSky & DishTV?

praka123

left this forum longback
too bad SUN DIRECT is not available there? :| .wait for Videocon,airtel,BIG DTH services.this means a good chance for the consumer ,I meant options galore!

utsav

damn busy...
Dishtv anyday. They rock. Tata sky has lotsa fine prints :wink: all free to air channels r available in dishtv and tatasky too

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
I heard TATA sky is good. But ETC Punjabi doesnt come on it :(

So i have no choice other than DishTV. I heard Airtel would be launching its DTH in a few months, and they generally start off from North India....so i will consider then :(

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Wait for just one month. Airtel DTH is just going to be launched . They have started providing it to their employees and the picture quality of new entrants would be better than existing players due to different technology used. Also prices would be slashed further.

praka123

left this forum longback
I read in another forum that , airtel dth is soon going to launch first at madras city.

for south indian regional channels(all hindi and other channels too included) and mpeg4 ,SUN DIRECT DTH is the best.
here is the website:
*sundirect.in .It is a hit in south india .am having sun dth in my house.
1 yr subscription is FREE! you can get it for Rs2000/- .comes around 120 channels by default.
*sundirect.in/packages.php
and from next yr onwards ,I have to pay Rs75/month compared to minimum Rs250+ for tata/dishtv :rolleyes: choose wisely.live well ;)

TATA Sky sucks. :mad: Never buy it :mad: It has poor channel quality :mad: Some channels have delayed transmission :mad: Sometimes audio is all garbled :mad:

And most importantly, they CHEAT CUSTOMERS and remove channels from your subscription at their will.

I had originally obtained a 300 channel pack for 6 months, and since I paid in advance, I expected to get all of them for 6 months. I was even promised that in future more channels would be added to my plan. Instead, they first removed several "Active" channels, then all sports channels, then several regional channels, then some movie channels, and so on. They remove channels and cheat you of your money.

Since my dad was out of station all the time and it was in his name that tata sky was subscribed, I could not do anything. I still use it only because my dad insists.

My sister reports that when she sees cartoon network after 8 pm, the audio is not heard clearly; its distroted.

I suggest you keep the conventional cable TV, and instead of geting tata sky, get a set box for the cable tv to pre process the signals to enhance video quality before sending to TV. I don't know about the brands available in India, but if you DO find any, go and run after them like a maniac.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
TATA Sky sucks. :mad: Never buy it :mad: It has poor channel quality :mad: Some channels have delayed transmission :mad: Sometimes audio is all garbled :mad:

And most importantly, they CHEAT CUSTOMERS and remove channels from your subscription at their will.

I had originally obtained a 300 channel pack for 6 months, and since I paid in advance, I expected to get all of them for 6 months. I was even promised that in future more channels would be added to my plan. Instead, they first removed several "Active" channels, then all sports channels, then several regional channels, then some movie channels, and so on. They remove channels and cheat you of your money.

Since my dad was out of station all the time and it was in his name that tata sky was subscribed, I could not do anything. I still use it only because my dad insists.

My sister reports that when she sees cartoon network after 8 pm, the audio is not heard clearly; its distroted.

I suggest you keep the conventional cable TV, and instead of geting tata sky, get a set box for the cable tv to pre process the signals to enhance video quality before sending to TV. I don't know about the brands available in India, but if you DO find any, go and run after them like a maniac.

Yup, that's right. I don't have sound issues but the video quality on some channels like ESPN leaves a lot to be desired on TATA Sky. And their policy seems to be -

"Tie down customers to long-term plans, then go on reducing popular channels and force the customers to pay again for stuff which they thought they'd already paid for" :x

dreams

Gracias Senor
Which service in Delhi, dwarka??? Here the cable TV guy gives us only 4 tamil channels..we need more..and also the 4 channels audio signal is very poor, sometimes vijay tv doesnt have any audio..sun tv gives out distorted audio.

So we are planning for some DTH providers..Please suggest.

praka123

left this forum longback
^buy sun dth from hassan and take it with you.there are plans like venus + etc which gives many gr8 channels(just recharged) .perfect VFM .by that time ,sun dth will be hitting north india esp punjab-haryana-delhi belt. sun dth is the only one that gives you all kannada/taamil channles :)

^Asianet Digital STB provides the same .hathway in karnatak/mh I think :|
Hathway ? I remember gwaking at their BroadBand schemes long long ago, when it was actually much more VFM than BSNL. Yes, they are in Karnataka. How are they ?

And where can I get a good cheap Signal Processing box with HDMI or DVI upscaling ?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Buy DishTV for an overall better experience.

-- Advice from a frustrated Tata Sky Customer

PS: However, nobody can offer the quality which Tata Sky does!

praka123

left this forum longback
it seems ppl hardly know about sun dth even in bangalore? :confused: it is selling like hot cakes here(kerala). picture quality - can you compare a mpeg4 transmission by SUN DTH to tatasky or dishtv? also HD Channels are released for SUN DTH. they are partners of some indonesia company called Astra(airtel too I think). Open TV s/w is soon gonna hit(like tata sky active sports blah blah). without any ads ,sun dth is now leading the DTH in south .except may be in north karnatak ,where marathi is the norm :rolleyes:

see their package and compare with Rs450 wala tatasky :mad:

it only costs the charge of a cable subscription!
*sundirect.in/packages.php

*sundirect.in/packages.php?id=5

weird ppl! not even one guy seems to know about sun dth? I am shocked! :shock:

evewin89

In the zone
Yup, that's right. I don't have sound issues but the video quality on some channels like ESPN leaves a lot to be desired on TATA Sky. And their policy seems to be -

"Tie down customers to long-term plans, then go on reducing popular channels and force the customers to pay again for stuff which they thought they'd already paid for" :x

they only know how 2 reduce channel & make that channel a part of their "additional package" for which u hav to pay extra money every month along wit ur nornal package payment. i m satisfied wit their video & audio quality but ya they cheat customers in otherways.:mad:

praka123

left this forum longback
I appreciate DTH aspirants visit this thread on bb forum :|
*broadbandforum.in/sun-direct-dth/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom