DSLR for newbie, Budget around 30-33000

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hi Guys,

So finally i would like to take the plunge from a point and shoot to a DSLR camera. I am a newbie in DSLR as i have never owned one but would like to learn a great deal on photography and play around with manual settings. I will be using it mostly for landscape photography and a great deal of low light photography. Could you guys please recommend a good DSLR camera.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Canon 1300D with 18-55 and 55-250 combo.

See if you can get 700D instead.

Was going to mention this but quite a few have actually recommended Canon 700D. Price seems to be around 36k. What are the advantages 700D has over 1300D. Is there a site i could use to compare between the two. Is it worth putting in few thousand bucks more for 700D?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Was going to mention this but quite a few have actually recommended Canon 700D. Price seems to be around 36k. What are the advantages 700D has over 1300D. Is there a site i could use to compare between the two. Is it worth putting in few thousand bucks more for 700D?
I don't know much so I'll just link official comparison:

Product Comparison - Canon India - Persona

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Any from Nikon/Sony stable worth comparing to with Canon 700D?? I have always heard that the lenses in Nikon are better. Any similar products in this price range?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
All these models will come under your budget.
From Nikon,
D3300, D3400, D5200 and D5300 (this may go little out of your budget)

From Canon,
1300D and 700D

For reviews and comparison you can check,
dpreview, imagingresource, cameralabs

raja manuel

In the zone
I'm not a landscape photographer but from what I've seen and heard you should be thinking less about the camera body and more about accessories like a wide angle lens and a tripod. By think about them I mean budget for these items.
On the other hand, you may think you will take landscape photos but once you get a DSLR in your hands you may only be photographing kittens, so maybe I'm thinking too much here :)

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
I'm not a landscape photographer but from what I've seen and heard you should be thinking less about the camera body and more about accessories like a wide angle lens and a tripod. By think about them I mean budget for these items.
On the other hand, you may think you will take landscape photos but once you get a DSLR in your hands you may only be photographing kittens, so maybe I'm thinking too much here :)

Hahahaha true. Although i have my trusty Sony Point and shoot camera and my reliable oneplus phone for that.

- - - Updated - - -

All these models will come under your budget.
From Nikon,
D3300, D3400, D5200 and D5300 (this may go little out of your budget)

From Canon,
1300D and 700D

For reviews and comparison you can check,
dpreview, imagingresource, cameralabs

Thanks a lot. Could you also suggest if i should go for 40mm 2.8 prime lens

nac

Aspiring Novelist
If you think 40mm is an ideal focal length for your work, you can go ahead with that lens.
For now, just use the kit lens and get the hang of it. As you use, you will get to know what kinda lens you want. You don't have to rush to buy more lenses.

sujoyp

Grand Master
As everyone has already mentioned, get a medium level dslr like 700D or nikon D5300/5200 with a kit lens and start shooting. slowly you will come to know what you need and which areas you want to target. prime lens is fun but first lern how aperture works and which focal length you use the most.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
As everyone has already mentioned, get a medium level dslr like 700D or nikon D5300/5200 with a kit lens and start shooting. slowly you will come to know what you need and which areas you want to target. prime lens is fun but first lern how aperture works and which focal length you use the most.
Thanks for the recommendation. Decided to go for 700D. Just one final question. Is it safe to buy online or should i buy from a canon store? Any issue with warranty as such if i buy online?

- - - Updated - - -

If you think 40mm is an ideal focal length for your work, you can go ahead with that lens.
For now, just use the kit lens and get the hang of it. As you use, you will get to know what kinda lens you want. You don't have to rush to buy more lenses.
Thanks. I will learn the basics first and then move on to a prime lens.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Will warranty be honoured. Anyone here have a prior experience of buying it online and any problems with company warranty. Online prices are significantly cheaper.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Just wanted to ask

Which one would be better to get ?
D5300 or D5500?
I mean is D5500 worth the extra money over 5300?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

sujoyp

Grand Master
what is the cost of D5500, if it cost around 48k then just drop the idea . if its max 42-43 then its a fair deal to get it

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
what is the cost of d5500, if it cost around 48k then just drop the idea . If its max 42-43 then its a fair deal to get it

D5500 is 47.8k for body and 18-55mm
D5300 is 35.5k for body and 18-55mm
Both on amazon

So it would be wiser to go for the 5300 and spend the remaining on lenses and other accessories right?

sujoyp

Grand Master
yes ZTR ,,right. its a consumer grade DSLR D5500 and its not advisable to spend soo much on them. its better to get a combo lens deal with D5300 instead.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
yes ZTR ,,right. its a consumer grade DSLR D5500 and its not advisable to spend soo much on them. its better to get a combo lens deal with D5300 instead.

Would you recommend Nikon D5300 for a beginner ? I'm looking for a DSLR and Im a camera noob. Hence the query :)

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hi Guys,

Sorry about bringing back an old thread but i need to ask if there is warranty or quality issues if i buy from flipkart. Offline stores are about few thousand rupees more. Flipkart package seems decent too.
Any thoughts?Should i go ahead and purchase from here

Online Shopping India Mobile, Cameras, Lifestyle & more Online @ Flipkart.co

Top Bottom