DSLR around 30-35K

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Primarily for portraits. Its very sharp and is a prime lens(single focal length). Primes are always sharper than range lenses. And then it has that magical F1.8

OP
I

ishan_kkr

Journeyman
ohk! Will cee if d budget approves it.. :D

Coz i was told to buy a tripod also..

Which one shud i go for? I was told - Sintex brand..

a_medico

Chillum Baba
If you will be traveling alot with the camera gear for photography - weight of the tripod will be a big factor - in that case i'll suggest a carbon fiber monopod.

If you wont be moving too much - Benro or Manfrotto tripod. They are costly but cheaper ones are not worth. There are lot many discussions on the similar subject on jjmf site.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
70-300 would be better.

I had Benro tripod. But carrying a tripod on your back, especially during a small trek could be very cumbersome. If you fly frequently, an average tripod wont fit in the average suitcase. And you can carry it as a handbag either. So you need to pass it thro special security counter etc. I have shifted to carbon fibre monopod which is quite lighter.

I shoot 90 % of the images with the monopod and 10 % with tripod.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Bro I would say dont go for tripod now if u dont want to try those creative low light shots ....I found tripod just useless with light lenses like 70-300, 55-200, 55-300, 50mm, 18-55 when using it for general purpose....

I think u should get at least 10k and get a good tripod with ball head...carbon fiber will put u back by 15k+

prinkkaadi

Broken In
dear friends,

i am planning to buy canon eos550d dslr. i am checking online to purchase and got some offer. please suggest which offer is good.

Canon EOS 550D Kit EF S 18-55mm IS Lens with 2 Years Manufacturer Warranty

or

Buy Canon DSLR EOS 550D with EF S18-55mm IS Kit- Best Selling Canon DSLR at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

or

CANON EOS 550-D DSLR CAMERA WITH 18-55 IS MK II LENS BRAND NEW SEALED | eBay

please suggest....

i am planning to buy tomorrow.

thanks

sujoyp

Grand Master
@prinkkaadi

I would not go for ebay last one coz the seller seems a bit new with only 75 feedbacks ....among top 2 i will go for smartshoppee coz they r also giving a lowpro backpack ;)

prinkkaadi

Broken In
I got one offer from pritam shop (famous shop in chandni chowk Delhi) te 34000 for dslr 550d with 4gb card and dslr bag. is it good buy. this is the first for I am going to buy for normal shooting purpose. is the tripod required in starting or not.

sujoyp

Grand Master
34k is good buy ...I hope u r getting with all the warranty...no need of tripod to start...just get it in future when u feel necessary :)

Top Bottom