DSLR around 30-35K

sujoyp

Grand Master
Get Nikon 3100 for 28-29k and with remaining money get a additional lens like tamron 70-300, nikkor 50mm 1.8 or nikkor 55-200

Other choice would be canon 500D+50mm 1.8

did u handled them in the store...try them both...

sujoyp

Grand Master
550D is a super camera ...its just below the league of 7D and 60D

If I had 42k I would have got it without thinking a bit.

Lens depends on your budget and requirements...18-135mm is popular with 550D but the combo will take the price above 50k

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah nikon D3100 have great picture qulaity and I am just loving it...I have already took 1200 shots in 2 months:grin:

But going for an upper level cam is always good if u have the budget;-)

canon 550D is surely higer end then D3100 in terms of technology

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
^yeah nikon D5100 is almost same as 550D i think its around same price.. and if i am not wrong D5100 has a slightly larger sensor than 550D..

i dont knw much but was comparing these 2 yesterday and i found out that picture quality is better with D5100 but the video is better in 550D... is it so?

sujoyp

Grand Master
The sensor of D5100 is same as D7000 soo its new and superb

Canon 550D have sensor of canon 7D which are old now...if u want to compare compare D5100 with 60D or 600D pics

p!e

Broken In
Hi all,
I am also looking into buying a DSLR.My budget is around 25-28k max.
I am considering D3100 as an option. But its price is over 30k.
My reason for choosing a Nikon is fairly because my DAD had a Nikon F70 SLR and i guess the lens mount for f70 and D3100 is same (F-Mount).Correct me if i am wrong.Please suggest.

I too am going to buy a dSLR for 35k or a bit above preferably nikon
1) I thought I'll ask my bro to pick it up in the US do how much will I save compared to buying here
2) Does Nikon have international warranty
3) The above mentioned budget is for body+stock lens I thought I would save up some cash and get the lens in India good enough ??? :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
@pie....I got D3100 for 29k in Jan 2011......yaah nikon is still using Fmount...u can use old lenses but then u may not get metering and auto focus...try ur luck

@cyberdragon007...there is not much price difference in entry level dslrs...amazon.com is selling D3100 for 650$..may be D7000 and 60D may be cheaper there

2. I donno about international warrenty but other country warunty dont work in India for sure.

3.yaah i am doing the same...got a DSLR for 29k then saved up and got other lenses 1-by-1:razz:

p!e

Broken In
@pie....I got D3100 for 29k in Jan 2011......yaah nikon is still using Fmount...u can use old lenses but then u may not get metering and auto focus...try ur luck
Thanks for your quick reply sujoyp.
Checked the price of d3100 & d5100
D3100 for 29.5 k
D5100 for 35.5 k
Here in Pune.
Quite impressed by the build quality of Nikon.Will definitely buy Nikon for sure. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Thanks for your quick reply sujoyp.
Checked the price of d3100 & d5100
D3100 for 29.5 k
D5100 for 35.5 k
Here in Pune.
Quite impressed by the build quality of Nikon.Will definitely buy Nikon for sure. :)

yaah nikon DSLRs have a very good grip and good build...every one likes the feel of nikon in hand...29.5k is still costly but its fine:razz:

Sounava

In the zone
Ah there are lots of "hims" here. For some the budget extends to 35k. For one it is 29k. He should try to stretch his budget a little if possible. There are a lot of functional differences between D3xxx series and D5xxx series which are worth the price. I can point out the details if you want. (you wont get these in comparisons in general).

p!e

Broken In
Ah there are lots of "hims" here. For some the budget extends to 35k. For one it is 29k. He should try to stretch his budget a little if possible. There are a lot of functional differences between D3xxx series and D5xxx series which are worth the price. I can point out the details if you want. (you wont get these in comparisons in general).

Hey thanks Sujoyp and Sounava for your inputs.
Well actually i am quite tight on Budget :( so D3100 is the choice at this moment.
Also i will be buying the camera probably in July so Hopefully if the budget can extend will opt for d5100.Actually i am a beginner to Photography and i guess the d3100 fits the best for this.

Sounava if u can tell the differences.

Thanks for your advice ;-)
and I too am super confused between the 3100 and 5100
is the 5100 worth the extra 8k(here in chennai)
and since the 5100 is brand new I hear it is trading at a premium
I'm sure dSLR s arent like mobile phones whose prices drop every 2 weeks
so when can I expect the price to drop for this baby :)

sydbarett

Broken In
Stretch your budget to 40 K and get the D90 (body) + 50mm 1.8. You can add to the lens line later.

You can also consider Canons but they have smaller sensors and may not offer the same picture quality especially after they pack more MegaPixels. Video quality of the Canons however would be better.

Top Bottom