Dslr @35-50k

sujoyp

Grand Master
bro u r right about 50mm focusing on canon but D5100 is a slightly better low light performer then 550D ...i think he will be happy with nikon 18-105 afs vr

also nikon 18-105 cost 15k and canon 18-135 cost around 20k

ultimately his full budget will be finished by this and he will have to save for next thing ...

but what I think the next purchase should be
1.flash
2.tripod
3. 50mm
4. more light setups :)

OP
Niilesh

Niilesh

Padawan
but what I think the next purchase should be
1.flash
2.tripod
3. 50mm
4. more light setups :)
there is a studio in her college. :) All the accessories are available there.
BTW which lens should i get? Have no idea.. :-?
Will 18-55mm would be enough? If not what are the limitations ?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Nilesh,
Her faculties/class mates can give suggestions/opinions on what she needs to have. You and your sister can ask them and they can guide you. Then you can figure out what your sister need and afford at this point.

I couldn't resist replying to this, though its now irrelevent.

but maybe girls would like 550D..its light in weight, easier interface

DUDE! Nobody, not even a girl (ok exceptions allowed if the girl's name is J.Beiber) would buy a DSLR for being "easy to carry" or "looking good". Those types would go for high end point and shoots. Atleast, no girl I know who ever wanted a DSLR (wanting a DSLR normally indicates a budding interest in serious photography) put those parameters into the equation. Stop being sexist bro :lol:

OP
Niilesh

Niilesh

Padawan
Thanx :D
BTW where can lean about basics of photography? Like how shutter speed, aperture, ISO affects the image? What is metering and exposure(how it brightens the image) ?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
There are lot of sites where you can learn about basics just google it...

This one will be fun to learn
Enjoy! Digital SLR camera

sujoyp

Grand Master
download The Digital Photography Book - Scott Kelby Volume 1-3 pdf ....its the simplest book i have seen

Top Bottom