Driver not installing for Nokia Device.

moltenskull

Journeyman
Hello,
I got a Nokia C2-02 recently with a SanDisk 8gb memory card.The problem is when I am plugging my phone into my pc,I am getting two messages-
1)This device can perform faster.
And
2)Searching preconfigured driver folders.
I am unable to transfer any files from SanDisk Media Manager as well coz it does not detect my memory card.I had earlier plugged in my sister's Nokia E5 into my PC and it worked fine so I am at my wit's end as to why my phone is not being detected.:( It worked fine for the first time but ever sice,has stopped working. Please help!

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Ok,I tried that(plugging it in USB slot at the back) but it just keeps on showing "searching for preconfigured driver folders" for about an hour or two but the driver just doesn't install.And whats Nokia Suite?I only have SanDisk Media Manager.Forgive me but I don't know much about mobiles,my earlier mobile was a very low end one.This is my first mobile which can use a data cable and other features.And do I simply unplug the cell from the PC or do I have to stop it first via 'safely remove hardware'?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
well even without Nokia Suite, pc should install the necessary driver. Doesn't anything appear about mode selection on mobile when plugged into the PC?

Nokia Suite

And you don't need any sandisk software to access memory card of a mobile. Uninstall those things and any previous Nokia software from PC and try plugging in again. If nothing happens, download and install the Nokia suite.

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Yes,it does.I select "Media Transfer" Mode but no icon shows up in My Computer.And PC keeps on installing driver for MTP Device but does not complete.....That is the problem.:( I do not have any Nokia software on my PC.Ok,will try Nokia Suite,its finished downloading now.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
MTP problem was there in my PC too. when i plug mobile it'll start checking for MTP driver and most of the time it fails. Even if it succeeds next time it'll try again. But after removing usb driver and installing a newer version the problem disappeared. Nokia Suite comes with latest drivers. It should solve the problem.

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Oh,thank you,thank you,thank you Sam!:) I downloaded Nokia Suite and as soon as it installed,it threw out the older drivers and installed new ones via windows update.And guess what,,,,My Phone WORKED!Oh,I was so happy that I forgot to reply!Thank you,Sam and thank you,ThinkDigit!!! :D Any further problems,will post back here,though that seems unlikely!;) And I have to unplug via 'safely remove hardware',right?Thanks once again!:D

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Thanks a lot,Sam!However I am facing a fresh problem.I transferred some videos to my phone after converting them to 3GPP format but my phone keeps on repeating that-'This video may not play well on this device'.So,where can I get a sort of media player for my phone,if it is possible?I am prepared to pay if required.I tried some setups but they keep redirecting me to some website,which I do NOT want to visit.

Also,DEP for vista closes nokia suite when I try to transfer large files.Why?:(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
download format factory and try converting them to 3GPP format or whatever format is supported. go to output setting and lower the bitrate as well as FPS. at around 20FPS and 256bit, video should play but you'll have to mess around a bit with these 2 setting to make the video play properly.

Nokia C2-02/03 etc have a ton of problem thats why i never recommend this series.

Also,DEP for vista closes nokia suite when I try to transfer large files.Why?:(

no idea. why not mount the mobile as mass storage and transfer that way?

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Ohk......I was using freemake video converter....Is that okay?And thanks for the suggestion.I did have a look at format factory......will try it out right now... :) By the way,I was just looking for a basic upgrade and came across this phone on Flipkart...Is it that bad? :( And will try using the phone as mass storage now while transferring large files.:)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i have used freemake audio converter but never their video converter. actually if it has any setting to change FPS & bit rate then try changing those. these are mainly the 2 things to worry about for now.

C2 touchscreen series is a bad attempt by Nokia. I have used C2-03 and was disappointed. the screen is not responsive & the UI is extremely slow. these 2 make or break a mobile.

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Alright.There are settings for changing the fps and bitrate but they are either too high or too low.Will try out format factory and will let you know....:) .And you are right,the touch has already become a bit slow and I have bought it on friday...though the fact remains that I couldn't figure out how the touch works at first and kept scrolling the wrong way.... xD

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
do check for phone updates. Nokia sends out some minor update that fixes bug and make the UI a bit fast. So with proper update the phone mayn't feel really slow over time.

OP
M

moltenskull

Journeyman
Okay,I tried format factory but it did not help as the videos were degraded in quality and the same choppy playback issue continued as well.:(I think freemake is still the best.And yes,I did upgrade to the latest software from nokia but I am afraid it hasnt really solved my problem.Today I am going to a nokia care showroom.Lets see if they can come up with any solution.Hoping for the best and planning for the worst.....moltenskull.:)

I also tried reading some other threads but the "free" software they came up with were mostly redirects to some other website...and the remaining refused to install ....
:(

Top Bottom