Dragon Age III : Inquisition

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I beat the story now, maximum weapon i got is 260 DPS and my level is 16

LOL

At level 13 I'm not even halfway through the game, And I have built some pretty Nasty Stuff already ans that is just a start... When I will start getting Tier3 schematics, I will pet some dragons in my keep.:cool:

For Cassey..

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/DragonAgeInquisition_2014_12_28_00_44_20_999_zpsacb33433.jpg

For Solu Mama

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/DragonAgeInquisition_2014_12_28_00_54_12_034_zpsd02846b9.jpg

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
This game, effing huge. I am exploring Hinterlands till now and it seems never ending. In fact the Hinterlands is larger than the mountains and Fereldan city combined in DA2. So many quests. It would definitely take 100+ hours for completion.
And finally encountered "The Fereldan Frostback". That ******* wiped out my entire party in 3 shots. I need to figure a way out to kill it. Will first explore towards Redcliffe. BTW what about valuables? What to keep and what to sell?

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
This game, effing huge. I am exploring Hinterlands till now and it seems never ending. In fact the Hinterlands is larger than the mountains and Fereldan city combined in DA2. So many quests. It would definitely take 100+ hours for completion.
And finally encountered "The Fereldan Frostback". That ******* wiped out my entire party in 3 shots. I need to figure a way out to kill it. Will first explore towards Redcliffe. BTW what about valuables? What to keep and what to sell?

Yes, it pwned me when I was at Lvl 7 and it still is pwning me at Lvl 14. I NEED a powerful weapon. And sam, which schematic did you use for that Greatsword? Did you buy? If yea, where?

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Lol me too level 7. I need some powerful gears. Masterwork schematics here I come.

BTW this game is every bit of fun it promised . and next stop is witcher 3. It is also gonna be legen wait for it.....

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Yes, it pwned me when I was at Lvl 7 and it still is pwning me at Lvl 14. I NEED a powerful weapon. And sam, which schematic did you use for that Greatsword? Did you buy? If yea, where?

You have to use one inquisition perk to unlock the advanced warrior schematics from War Room to get that "Engraved Great Sword" schematic. I'm not sure whether the unlocked schematics will be same for everyone (can be random which is expected), if there is another way of getting that schematic ( which of course should be) IDK about that.

Piyush

Lanaya
Started it finally... today. Tried Elf rogue. Some how I created him a lot "skinny" . So Im gonna start again tomorrow may be with Qunari or will settle with Elf only.

So all those veterans out there, please bless me with some useful tips and starting rules that I should keep in mind.

- - - Updated - - -

One more thing, the hairdo looks like all those heroes have applied "mehndi" on their head :D

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
graphics doesn't look too good................

you kidding right ? Its the best looking RPG game without mods

Just a advice - leave hinterland now , the next place is so much more awesome .

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Guys, I had killed Abyssal High Dragon in The Western Approach, but I thought it didn't drop any loot. After that I learned that the loot is dropped at a random place and not actually where the dragon was slayed. Unfortunately, I fast travelled back, did some missions and after learning of the loot, I went back to find nothing.

So did I kill a dragon for nothing? I only got 2 Dragon bones from killing the one in the Dales. :<

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Guys, I had killed Abyssal High Dragon in The Western Approach, but I thought it didn't drop any loot. After that I learned that the loot is dropped at a random place and not actually where the dragon was slayed. Unfortunately, I fast travelled back, did some missions and after learning of the loot, I went back to find nothing.

So did I kill a dragon for nothing? I only got 2 Dragon bones from killing the one in the Dales. :<

it will always be there and not any random place, it will look like a dragon skull lying around. loot it.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
it will always be there and not any random place, it will look like a dragon skull lying around. loot it.

I had killed that Dales dragon from afar with Solas and the loot didn't spawn where the dragon was slayed but where I was standing when it died.

Searched for like 5 minutes and found nothing in The Western Approach. :<

Piyush

Lanaya
Ok some questions:

1. Im in Hinterland right now. After 2 hr in this region, so many quests!!!! How to proceed? It feels like a burden to me. More scary than my memories of schooldays where I used to have incomplete work in all subjects in Homework notebook.
2. During the council meeting on war table, I am able to see only 2 regions on the map, left one and right one. Are there only these 2 regions in game and many sub regions in each?
3. At this point of time, what should I focus more? Im playing a human female archer on hard difficulty. Should i finish side quest first? I am not really interested in go-fetch-that-item kinda side quests.
4. Also, when I selected a quest on war table, a timer was started. Till then I wasnt able to proceed. So in the meanwhile I traveled to Hinterland and havent gone back since. What did I do wrong?

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Ok some questions:

1. Im in Hinterland right now. After 2 hr in this region, so many quests!!!! How to proceed? It feels like a burden to me. More scary than my memories of schooldays where I used to have incomplete work in all subjects in Homework notebook.
2. During the council meeting on war table, I am able to see only 2 regions on the map, left one and right one. Are there only these 2 regions in game and many sub regions in each?
3. At this point of time, what should I focus more? Im playing a human female archer on hard difficulty. Should i finish side quest first? I am not really interested in go-fetch-that-item kinda side quests.
4. Also, when I selected a quest on war table, a timer was started. Till then I wasnt able to proceed. So in the meanwhile I traveled to Hinterland and havent gone back since. What did I do wrong?

1. Prioritize these. Closing Fade Rifts, Holding Hinterlands, Convincing Dennet of Horses for Inquistion along with the Horse-master Quest, In the elements, Strange Bedfellows, Unlocking Redcliff and lastly Killing Ferleden Forstback.

2. The Two regions Orlais and Ferelden are the Two major regions in Thedas, being the Herald you have the authority of all actions and decisions, plans and administrations on these two. These two regions have plot points, activities, inquisitions, wars and quests depending on your decisions and priorities. Main quests are also to be found in due course of time aligned with your progress.

3. Your Focus being an archer would be more on survival, strategy and laying out your archery skills in the path of artificer. You should spend major points in Archery skill tree, while spending one or two key points in Stealth and in Traps section to have at least cloaking and poison weapons skill handy in combat.

4. There are three liaisons at your disposal in the war front, they are specialized in three areas such as Cullen for acting with Force and the army, Josephine, specialized in solutions and acquirement by using her extensive contacts, and Lelliana using covert ops tactics and spies. Whenever you choose an operation in War room, you can choose between threes three to complete it for you, meaning Operations can be done without your direct involvement and presence, still being able to complete the quest and gain rewards.

Also these operations are high valued since they unlock new areas, which you can promptly travel to and chase quests on your own with party...earn resources from an already unlocked area, complete story and major companion side quests parallel to your progression...and many more.

You can do many at tandem, each operation requires an agent, an action, and power points, which , once started with appropriate agent, will take a certain amount of time to complete, e.g. unlocking new areas are instant, solving a hair to throne conflict in some district in Orlais can take 20 minutes of in-game time. You can use this time to do other quests in an area which you have unlocked and and traveled to, or simply save and quit and the next time you start the game, the timer will have progressed.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Another one down. Triumph is mine. Got cool loot too.

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/DragonAgeInquisition_2014_12_31_00_20_05_804_zps322fc514.jpg

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/DragonAgeInquisition_2014_12_31_01_04_46_035_zps24862035.jpg

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=88006]sam[/MENTION] when did you kill the fereldan frostback? I tried while I was level 7 and man, did she pawn me!!!

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
[MENTION=88006]sam[/MENTION] when did you kill the fereldan frostback? I tried while I was level 7 and man, did she pawn me!!!

at level 9 i guess, i don't remember, i have the screenshots, but it doesn't show my level, the Dragon is level 12..that. I'm telling you, you need to prepare the hell out for every battle with dragon, every one of them is a bad m*****ka. Frostback is a Fire dragon, I clearly remember crafting every piece of armor with Fire resistant material, grabbing whatever amulet, belt, ring in my closet which are best, stacking up healing potions. And Most importantly the party. Frostback was the first dragon, kinda..well an easy one, now that i know, for everyone of them i killed onwards, fcuked my party bad in no time coz i chose wrong. Dorian is a fking piece of paper, dies in 30 seconds, Cole, doesn't stand a chance, backstabbing a bloody dragon is not a good idea...And Sera/Varric...naaaah...they run out of tricks that hits the most.

So Cassandra, Blackwall, Iron Bull ( tho I feel after the first, he's kinda annoying me now in fights ) are must take. Also solas is a great member, he can do real damage, but most important, whatever happens, keep Vivienne in party at least while killing a dragon, yeah i know she is one massive bitc#..but boy oh boy...knight enchanter..her barrier and revive and resurgence are three most important skills that are must in every dragon hunt. I'm a dual wield champion, weird but effective, i rarely die...i take cass or black-wall for guard....

Also read about the dragons in internet, Frostback is a fire dragon, but he does do much ranged attach damage which can instantly kill ur ranged mage or archer. Vinsomer has a badass guard generation and a powerful electric vortex, the storm Rider is also an electric dragon, and has a very powerful ranged EMP blast that can kill a party standing in the swamp instantly. So you have hit once, load back, and choose ranged/meele combo properly accordingly, i suffered with the above one with Dorian and Viv together, i replaced dorian with blackwall and voila! I also respc the mages specially aligning them with the weaknesses of the dragons with my heard earned money every time!

Forstback

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/DragonAgeInquisition_2014_12_25_22_46_23_448_zpsfd2568f7.jpg

Stormrider

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/DragonAgeInquisition_2014_12_27_18_11_46_352_zps33194ce7.jpg

Night-Rider

Journeyman
I downloaded the game with 1.0 version. Is there any way to download just patch 2.5? I don't want to download the entire game again

Top Bottom