Dragon Age III : Inquisition

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Can anybody tell me the use of Topaz, Amethyst, Charms in this game? I'm selling them, blindly if there are of any worth.

if they are directly found in your Valuable items when you pick them up and not in crafting materials, SELL THEM ALL except they are named after something or someone ( like Blood Ruby for the Crown of the High king of Orzammar or something like that), that might be important at some part of the game later on for some side quests to get complete.

Also DO NOT SELL THEM by any means, even if that means you are dirt poor with no coins for buying shite! WHEN THEY ARE in crafting material and have this word "MASTERWORK" written on description in Blue. The may seem useless or trivial, say Iron, but suddenly you found "Fade Touched Iron". Super important.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
if they are directly found in your Valuable items when you pick them up and not in crafting materials, SELL THEM ALL except they are named after something or someone ( like Blood Ruby for the Crown of the High king of Orzammar or something like that), that might be important at some part of the game later on for some side quests to get complete.

Also DO NOT SELL THEM by any means, even if that means you are dirt poor with no coins for buying shite! WHEN THEY ARE in crafting material and have this word "MASTERWORK" written on description in Blue. The may seem useless or trivial, say Iron, but suddenly you found "Fade Touched Iron". Super important.

All the things I picked up where in Valuables. So I think I'm fine. I still think I've sold some Crown of something and things like that. I do that to reduce my inventory weight. I have 10k coins.

Clocked at 36.24 hrs. This is my fastest ever. I get chills when I think of new-gen Mass Effect.

thejunglegod

Journeyman
All the things I picked up where in Valuables. So I think I'm fine. I still think I've sold some Crown of something and things like that. I do that to reduce my inventory weight. I have 10k coins.

Clocked at 36.24 hrs. This is my fastest ever. I get chills when I think of new-gen Mass Effect.

Also, don't forget to turn in your items for research before selling all valuables as sometimes they may contain essential items such as spirit essence, fire essence etc.

Akira

Augmented Nerd
Started dragon age inquisition finally. Any special thing to look out for??

First playthrough: Play as a mage. They have a vested interest in the story...and mage is the most versatile of all classes. Warrior(shield/sword or two-handed sword) or Rogue(archer/twin blades) make skill choices limiting. As a mage, you can use whatever staff you like(yes, even one with low DPS, whichever looks cooler, not on nightmare though), the main damage rests on skill trees. You can pick skills from all four and build a badass mage.

Remember, you can buy skill-respec amulets from blacksmith outside Haven. Try different skills, play with whatever suits you best. Also, around level 12 or so, you get to pick specialization(Knight Enchanter, Rift mage, Necromancer). KE is so insanely strong that you can GO SOLO ON NIGHTMARE!!! But it gets boring, playing that way. Rift mage(my personal favorite) does AoE damage, and builds badass-combos from a range with other mages. Also, unlimited mana and barriers. Rift with shock is just as strong as KE with Ice.

On topic of valuables, sell them all. Notice the icon in front of research items like Dreamer rags etc(a small Cerebrus icon)-those are ones you DON'T sell and give at research table. If you keep storing everything, you'll run out of space for armor and weapons. You need some valuables like Fereldan Medal for requisitions later, but honestly, it's not worth the hassle.

Oh, and don't spend Inquistion perks until you pick DEFT HANDS perk from Leliana, to pick master locks.

P.S. Is it just me, or is there a serious shortage of Heterosexual characters in this game? I mean, I am not complaining, but as a male Human, Cassandra and Josephine are the only two females you can romance(and Josephine is bi, so is Iron bull). Sera is a lesbian, Dorian is gay, Solas/Cullen take race into account. Blackwall, Solas and Cullen are heterosexual. Seems like Bioware thinks most of the players play as females. Still, variety is always good.:wink:

P.P.S- Oh, and Vivienne is a colossal b!tch.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Started dragon age inquisition finally. Any special thing to look out for??

1. The game is meant to be played in above normal mode. If you are looking for challenge in combat. start in hard mode and you will find it immensely gratifying, winning each battle, and thank me after you kill your first dragon and look at the loot, and it will be FKING AWESOME! The lack of healing spells will push your strategical maneuvers to the limit and realize how every single point you spend on the tree matters and matters more with same you made for the other characters. Each combo, focus points, healing potion will grant you the absolute value and purpose that makes this game the best RPG this year.

2. Start with any class, it doesn't matter as long as you have the right combination of other playable characters in the game. This game has the sovereignty in play-ability of every kind of classes, with every possible specialization that you will ever find in the game. If you have started with an archer and thinking you should have chosen a mage for a start, don't regret, walk and fight with two mages at your side, one with knight enchanter, another may be with rift mage specialization, re-spec and augment them with gears often to compliment each other, take control of em and you will pretty much have the same combat experience which you were looking for.

3. Explore Dragon Age universe. If you have played the previous two, you already know a plenty lot, and you will enjoy the lore and reminiscence of the epic that took place. Read everything, explore every nook and cranny of the world that your in, don't underestimate the expanded universe of this game just because its not open world, its monster huge and have more hours waiting for you to put in just to find out secrets, places, loot that will baffle you.

4. Craft more and Craft smart. Have a precise and effective inventory plan. Know your items, know what they mean and are meant for. Specially know what to sell and what to carry. Crafting is one of the most gripping points in this game, and you should put a significant amount of educated effort and time into it. Craft smart, don't craft crazy lot, save higher rated armor and weapon component for better schematics, craft more armors than weapons, craft items for all your members and not only you. Keep eye for masterwork items and be careful about what your selling and where. Don't have your inventory cluttered with aux gear...before starting a tough and deciding fight, save, get into it, and get out....identify proper gear, wear it and then get back.

5. Dragon age inquisition is all about how smart are you gonna play it through, no side quests are too bland, not all side quests are super intriguing at the same time, so you have to make that thing up in your head which to go for and when, the use of the War Room and the Council is of uttermost importance because that gives you control over command in everything that your planning next. It can get you items, coins, rewards, unlocks, perks...everything. So be responsive to war room updates and actions and follow up in real-time. Use it well.

- - - Updated - - -

P.P.S- Oh, and Vivienne is a colossal b!tch.

I'm well decided to kick her out of the league, but i cant reach her in skyhold, the map shows a very tricky position where she's in, and I cant reach that place, seems in the edge of the palace balcony straight out the corridor from throne to outside, but she aint there! nor is she outside. WTF is she. Is she hiding from me knowing that her b1tchin in had pissed me off and am i'm coming to kick her proud noble dark ass?

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I have played DAO and DA2 with both mage and warrior. Started this game as a female human mage. Despite what everyone says, I personally liked the combat animations of DA2 and this game is even better. And gears played an important role in both the previous games. Will need some time to get used to the inventory in this game.
The hairs, seriously WTF??
I have decided my party already. Two mages, Varric and a warrior. Lets see how this turns out. BTW fadetouched iron, is that a big deal?

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
I am playing Dragon age origin now to understand the lore and characters , Will try to make character of Inquisition as similar to Origin with same class and profession .

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Yea, I give only sh*t to Vivienne. I haven't had her as a companion at all (Cass 4eves. :wub:), Blackwall is good and Solas is absolutely necessary. He has saved me (me as him) in so many circumstances, all the warriors and rogues died when fighting the Avvar nutcase in Mire, I played cat and mouse with Solas and that guy lol.

I so wanted to get all nookie-nookie with Leliana, turns out you can't. :< And I just think Cass turned me down yesterday. :<<

- - - Updated - - -

3. Explore Dragon Age universe. If you have played the previous two, you already know a plenty lot, and you will enjoy the lore and reminiscence of the epic that took place. Read everything, explore every nook and cranny of the world that your in, don't underestimate the expanded universe of this game just because its not open world, its monster huge and have more hours waiting for you to put in just to find out secrets, places, loot that will baffle you.

Absolutely true. I found a 189 DPS Battleaxe in a chest which was capable of holding a dagger lels. And I went on to kill that freaking Despair Demon (screwed me over when I was at Lvl 7).

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Masterwork Greatsword with Rune, used Dragon's teeth as mastercraf material.

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/DragonAgeInquisition_2014_12_27_02_35_29_546_zps65dd3e64.jpg

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
This game is huge. 5 hours in the game and have not explored hinterlands completely. No healing spell is a bummer.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

*i1334.photobucket.com/albums/w643/sam_738844/DragonAgeInquisition_2014_12_27_02_35_29_546_zps65dd3e64.jpg

Mate, give me the materials you used to craft that beast. The schematic, the metals, the hides you used, EVERYTHING. I NEED IT! And also where you got them. I'm Lvl 14 and have just 189 DPS weapon. :<

Last edited:

Akira

Augmented Nerd
i cant reach her in skyhold, the map shows a very tricky position where she's in, and I cant reach that place, seems in the edge of the palace balcony straight out the corridor from throne to outside, but she aint there! nor is she outside. WTF is she. Is she hiding from me knowing that her b1tchin in had pissed me off and am i'm coming to kick her proud noble dark ass?

She's on a balcony just above Varric. Go to Solas' room, take stairs to library, then move towards Varric's icon. You'll find the door leading to the balcony.

BTW, did anyone make a custom face for a "Special" character that shows up just after you reach Skyhold(no spoilers, but you know who Iam talking about :cool:)? Man, he's a badass-specially in that armor!

I see what you did there(Dante's weapon??), though I used Tyradda's weapon(one you unlock by going through landmarks in the hinterlands and then completing mission on war-table) till level 12. A fire staff, 115DPS with extra damage. Pretty cool.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Mate, give me the materials you used to craft that beast. The schematic, the metals, the hides you used, EVERYTHING. I NEED IT! And also where you got them. I'm Lvl 14 and have just 189 DPS weapon. :<

1. Kill a Dragon, get dragon's tooth
2. Acquire advanced masterwork schematics from War Room Inquisition perks in the Force section.
3. Use Dragon's scale, Dragon Bone for the Blade, Bloodstone, Paragon's Luster (? ) i forgot for the grip and pommel.
4. Create Corrupting Rune with Red Lyrium and Empty Runestone.

Combine THEM ALL :D

BTW i just became a Champion Competing the Specialization Mission.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
1. Kill a Dragon, get dragon's tooth
2. Acquire advanced masterwork schematics from War Room Inquisition perks in the Force section.
3. Use Dragon's scale, Dragon Bone for the Blade, Bloodstone, Paragon's Luster (? ) i forgot for the grip and pommel.
4. Create Corrupting Rune with Red Lyrium and Empty Runestone.

Combine THEM ALL :D

BTW i just became a Champion Competing the Specialization Mission.

I haven't got Red Lyrium at all. How to get them. I can only destroy them.

And, I'm trying to become a Reaver.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
What is the point in completing a game this awesome asap.. take your time buddy, savour the taste, enjoy the flavour, and COMPLETE ALL TEH GODDAMN SIDEQUESTS !!!

Top Bottom