Dragon Age III : Inquisition

Piyush

Lanaya
it gave me pretty good loots, one of those happened to be the Light Armor "In War, Victory" which completes the trinity Armor Set with "In peace, Vigilance. In death, Sacrifice" :)
Wow I got the exact same items from that dragon as well. That amulet of Power must be for Sera iirc.
But its my first item, the set you are talking about.

Also, that great axe looks awesome.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Wow I got the exact same items from that dragon as well. That amulet of Power must be for Sera iirc.
But its my first item, the set you are talking about.

Also, that great axe looks awesome.

Do u feel like Skyrim in this game?

Piyush

Lanaya
Do u feel like Skyrim in this game?

There are plus and minus if you compare it with Skyrim. I can point it out since I have played like 500hrs or more of skyrim way back.

Plus:
--Companions interaction is deep. Sometimes hilarious, sometimes dark humor and sometime simple caring thoughts.
--Tactical Combat still is fun in RPG genre. This game proves it very well when you are put against a challenging enemy.
--Fight against Dragons. A good dragon fight will take decision every 3-5 secs. The battle might go for long durations. For eg. my last dragon fight in which the dragon was 1 level more than my team (except me), it took us around 25 mins to finish him off.
--Crafting, though in the beginning may looks hard and confusing, once mastered, you can feel the power you crafted.
--Huge skill pool to play with. Especially when you can control every companion. Powerful spells indeed look powerful. One can create combos with the help of certain skills used in particular sequence

Minus:
--No other storage space apart from your inventory which is 60. But its still more than enough if one is not a hoarder. Ingredients, crafting materials dont take space.
--Those shouts in Skyrim will be something one might miss.
--Open world like Skyrim isnt here. But there are 2 main regions with many sub regions. And dont mind the absence of open world, the sub regions are actually pretty huge.
--Some times the AI acts stupid. For eg, the party members will be near the human enemies and enemies wont do anything just because the current character the one you are controlling at the moment) is in invisibility mode. But same goes for Skyrim as well. For eg with 100 lvl pickpocket and Sneak I was able to take off the women's clothes in broad day light without any hostility :lol:
--Long loading times but that just may be my processor getting old.

You will get different opinion from other people here as well. These was my experience so far in the game.

Piyush

Lanaya
Level 100 pickpocket you started taking off clothes....I can expect this from you. :p

Actually saw on a funny videos channel first on Youtube :p

- - - Updated - - -

So some how I delayed the Crestwood map and its missions and by the time I reached there I was level 18.
Now I came across a Dragon there....thats the only thing which I could remember...

gameranand

Living to Play
So some how I delayed the Crestwood map and its missions and by the time I reached there I was level 18.
Now I came across a Dragon there....thats the only thing which I could remember...

Why you had a hangover while playing that area. :lol::D

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
There are plus and minus if you compare it with Skyrim. I can point it out since I have played like 500hrs or more of skyrim way back.

Plus:
--Companions interaction is deep. Sometimes hilarious, sometimes dark humor and sometime simple caring thoughts.
--Tactical Combat still is fun in RPG genre. This game proves it very well when you are put against a challenging enemy.
--Fight against Dragons. A good dragon fight will take decision every 3-5 secs. The battle might go for long durations. For eg. my last dragon fight in which the dragon was 1 level more than my team (except me), it took us around 25 mins to finish him off.
--Crafting, though in the beginning may looks hard and confusing, once mastered, you can feel the power you crafted.
--Huge skill pool to play with. Especially when you can control every companion. Powerful spells indeed look powerful. One can create combos with the help of certain skills used in particular sequence

Minus:
--No other storage space apart from your inventory which is 60. But its still more than enough if one is not a hoarder. Ingredients, crafting materials dont take space.
--Those shouts in Skyrim will be something one might miss.
--Open world like Skyrim isnt here. But there are 2 main regions with many sub regions. And dont mind the absence of open world, the sub regions are actually pretty huge.
--Some times the AI acts stupid. For eg, the party members will be near the human enemies and enemies wont do anything just because the current character the one you are controlling at the moment) is in invisibility mode. But same goes for Skyrim as well. For eg with 100 lvl pickpocket and Sneak I was able to take off the women's clothes in broad day light without any hostility :lol:
--Long loading times but that just may be my processor getting old.

You will get different opinion from other people here as well. These was my experience so far in the game.

Minus

Point 1. Wrong. My inventory is 90. You can upgrade it. You could say a stash would be helpful. True that, would appreciate much.
Point 2. kinda Inconsequential if you care about the shear amount and quality of loot you expect after killing a dragon, there are far too many spells than in skyrim which smokes any spell and its effectiveness in comparison ( although there should be no comparison).

Skyrim lacks unity. Too open, straying too much from main mission, ends up in a boring grind, which makes the player almost "fk the main quest" I'm walking my line kinda of feeling.

Skyrim tops This version of Dragon Age with discernibly more number of Armor loots and what I just found out, a maddening lack of LONGSWORDS!!!! WTF bioware? I mean I have specially put hours in this game to craft the most vicious weapons the bloody game can offer and there is no decent schematics for a Longsword!

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
Why you had a hangover while playing that area. :lol::D
Arey I meant I took too much time in getting there, so I was over leveled for the enemies there including the dragon :D
Minus

Point 1. Wrong. My inventory is 90. You can upgrade it. You could say a stash would be helpful. True that, would appreciate much.
Point 2. kinda Inconsequential if you care about the shear amount and quality of loot you expect after killing a dragon, there are far too many spells than in skyrim which smokes any spell and its effectiveness in comparison ( although there should be no comparison).

Skyrim lacks unity. Too open, straying too much from main mission, ends up in a boring grind, which makes the player almost "fk the main quest" I'm walking my line kinda of feeling.

Skyrim tops This version of Dragon Age with discernibly more number of Armor loots and what I just found out, a maddening lack of LONGSWORDS!!!! WTF bioware? I mean I have specially put hours in this game to craft the most vicious weapons the bloody game can offer and there is no decent schematics for a Longsword!

Oh yea, I forgot the perks in Inquisition section.
2nd point is kinda personal preference. To my likelihood, there is no spell I have came across in RPG games which gives the same feeling as Fus Ro Dah ;)

Agreed on quality of loot. Most of the items feel repetitive. Even the unique armor section reeks of same smell as Rare section.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I neeeed schematics...

- - - Updated - - -

killed the Norhern Hunter...had to admit with Knight Enchanter its really easy....I killed it in one go even with full stock of potions....

OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
Finally started as two handed human. This game seems more inclined towards Skyrim rather than DA:O. Controller support is welcome but tactical view using controller is feels bad when fighting monsters taller than 3 meter.

OP
Alok

Alok

Adventurer
Paused two handed character for now. For the first time in series I started as a rouge . Both archer and dual wielder are cool. Moving while shooting arrows is fair deal.
One thing I'll say that even after playing two hours I haven't used tactical cam a single time except tutorial. It might be due to game being easy as far now.
And Leliana doesn't feels like what she was.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
How to kill a dragon as a mage
Lesson 101
Get knight enchanter. Get fade shield and spirit blade. Get rejuvenating barrier. And you are invincible.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
How to kill a dragon as a mage
Lesson 101
Get knight enchanter. Get fade shield and spirit blade. Get rejuvenating barrier. And you are invincible.

Yep. Allows you to solo. But its boring and time-consuming.

Final chapter unfolding. 10/10 Dragon's Killed. I'm now a master dragon slayer. Got Caliban, the coolest long sword in the game.

Top Bottom