Downloading utube videos on Linux - easy as a pie

Status
Not open for further replies.

aashish.joshi

Broken In
If you're installing firefox add-ons, or looking for stand alone software or even websites to download your fav youtube video :-(, forget them..

All you need to do is, just start the video in your browser..when the buffering is complete, go over to /tmp and look for a file Flash<something>.. that's the file, just copy and paste it wherever you wish..

[EDIT]

Just remember to keep the window/tab with the youtube page open till you copy the video..

Last edited:
Well i think the standalone softwares serve multiple purposes. So, installing them once and then stop worrying about downloads sounds good to me :)

motobuntu

Journeyman
That's a great find. This can be done even in IE, go to "Internet options > General > Browsing history > Settings > View Files" and look for files starting with "Videoplayback".

6x6

Journeyman
good find..........

1-click YouTube video downloader extension for firefox is also good - for both linux / windows

eman

Broken In
Downloading utube videos on Linux easy as a pie

What youll said is true. So I guess in conclusion, windows is not better than linux and linux is not better than windows but they are both different.

Do you guys agree?

OP
A

aashish.joshi

Broken In
Re: Downloading utube videos on Linux easy as a pie

What youll said is true. So I guess in conclusion, windows is not better than linux and linux is not better than windows but they are both different.

Do you guys agree?

The user makes the OS good or bad, no os is bad or good by default (except maybe vista!! lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom