Downloading Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
From yestarday I am facing a strange problem regarding downloading file from net.

The problem is, yestarday and today I tried to downlaod two file 1)COMODO FireWall 2) TrendMicro Virus Pattern File. I am using Free Download Manager in Windows OS. While I start downloading COMODO (20MB) through FDM, it shows the download window but the download progress bar is not increasing, while the Network Monitor shows byte received in the rate of 70-90 KBps. I think due to some reason FDM's progress bar is not working but the download is going on. After few minutes I am surprised to see that approx 60 MB received where as nothing is downloaded, as soon as I closed the FDM and look at the Network Monitor's staus I saw the Byte received/sent becames idle. Again I started and the same thing happen. At last I stopped to download.

Today I tried to download TrendMicro Virus Pattern File (23 MB) and same thing happen, I lost 30 MB approx. Again I restarted downloading, this time it is downloaded and the network monitor shows the same MB (23MB).

I cant understand what is the problem, is it a handy work of Virus ?
My system is running with KAV 7. COMODO Firewall (before Zone Alarm), S&D.
After the problem I scan my system with Trend Micro Sysclean with latest VPF, but not virus found. Also I checked Hijacthis Log file with hijackthis.de but no problem is found.

Hame any body any idea with this problem?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Just unintall and re-install FDM. Meanwhile try downloading thru Firefox's inbuilt download manager and report if you face the same problem. This way we can ascertain whether the problem is the connection (windows settings/router/firewall/aV etc.) or the download manager.

OP
skghosh44

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
Just now I have downloaded songs(6 MB) and small appliation (2 mb) which has downloaded normally. Let me try to download through firefox will let you know later.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom