downloading problem on idea gprs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
I have windows xp and vista.
on both system i have installed sony ericsson pc suit for internet accessing.
my phone is k310i with !dea gprs connection.
my problem is i can not access my e-mail on using outlook express or any other client. It says there is no connection, while connection is establish and i can run firefox or ie.
Also my avast can not updated it automatically.
Also i can not download more than 1500 kp approximatly.It says "out of limit".
while on my previous reliamce connection all things work file.
can anybody help me?:confused:

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
which access point you are using of idea, imis or internet, don't give any proxy for access point internet in your phone, i too have the same problem and was solved by the above steps.

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
i uses internet for access point, and also uses proxy.
please tell clear setting for connection.

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
for internet access point don't use anything for proxy, leave that field blank
what my settings are
Connection name :- IDEA_internet
data bearer :- packet data (it could be gprs also depends upon the phone)
access point name :- internet
network type :- IPv4
phone IP :- automatic
name server :- automatic
proxy server Address :- none (or leave it blank depends on the phone)
proxy port no :- 0 (or blank depends upon the phone)

when i started using these settings my problem resolved.

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
Hi abhas bajpai can u pls tell me how to connect idea internet on pc i have nokia n73me and i have tried it to connect with nokia pc suite but it says protocol link terminated pls reply me fast and tell me all settings

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
first install the modem drivers from the nokia cd then you have to make dialup internet connection from phone and modem options in control panel of your pc, as i am in office so cant access the ideafresh.com portal, there whole information about setting is given, still if you are facing problem, and you are sure you made the dialup connection right.
here is how i solve it
first connect to internet through phone and then activate the connection from pc, you will get error, now close the connection from the phone and then from the computer, and then from computer try to connect again, this time i suppose it will connect

OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Thanks for help now i can update avast but still i can download only 2 MB. when i downloading more then 2MB it says large file fetching .help:confused:
I can not still surf using any browser without proxy setting in the browser. What is the reasion?

Last edited:
OP
Amir.php

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
pra_2006 u can use following setting:
go to on your network connection >right click on it>properties>security tab>select security option >typical>ok
Now then try to cnnect

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
I can not still surf using any browser without proxy setting in the browser
i was not talking about the proxy setting in browser, i was talking about the proxy setting in your phone's access point.
and are you sure IDEA has opened full TCP/IP access for your account, some users of IDEA i knew faced that problem, talking to cc is useless so after sending a mail (good heated one) to customer care.
BTW you can also try this no 4777, i got this no from IDEA customer care manager for problems relating to IDEA gprs

CadCrazy

in search of myself
for internet access point don't use anything for proxy, leave that field blank
what my settings are
Connection name :- IDEA_internet
data bearer :- packet data (it could be gprs also depends upon the phone)
access point name :- internet
network type :- IPv4
phone IP :- automatic
name server :- automatic
proxy server Address :- none (or leave it blank depends on the phone)
proxy port no :- 0 (or blank depends upon the phone)

when i started using these settings my problem resolved.

Sorry for bumping old thread.

I don't know how should i thank you. Earlier i was not able to download large files through my pc. And now no problem. Thank you very much abhasbajpai

hars

Right off the assembly line
Thank you,abhajpal,i am also facing the problem of downloading limit 2MB .Your suggestion worked for me...now i am able to download,thanks for the sugestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom