Download Speed is Too Slow!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddick

Mobile Freak
I browse through Dial-Up n my ISP is Satyam.The problem is that my download speed is too slow nowadays.Firstly i gt speed upto 3.7 kbps or 4.0 kbps which is enough for me.But now it's only 1.1 or 1.5 kbps which is very low :( Though the conn. speed is 38 kbps.I have all latest browsers like - Opera 9.0,FireFox 1.5 and IE 6.5 bt same dnload speed :confused: If i open 'Windows Task Manager' no other program is running.I don't know wht happened.PLEASE HELP ON THIS...THANKS MATE!!!

nithinks

True Techie
you can try DAP to get good download speeds.. and use ccleaner to cleanup
ur disk.. and there may be some issues regarding to system registry also..
and you can also check for spywares(install adaware) ...
after doing this much, if the problem persists... you have to contact your ISP.

Last edited:

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
get something like ad aware or spysweeper & run a full scan.
next check if your windows automatic updates are not running.
, get a good anti virus and run a full scan.

if that doesn't help try reformatting, checking your phone lines + cleaning your modem or try chaging the slot of modem.

LegendKiller

In the zone
reddick,
were you getting speed of 4kbps earlier also with 38kbps??
i think you should talk to satyam guys there's surely some problem wid them.

coz when i use to use dial-up i use to get 4kbps consistently with mtnl.

generally your downloading speed should be 1/8th of you ur internet connection which means around 4.5 for your connection.

in my best suggestion,call your satyam dealer,and i m sure he will help.

arif_wasim

Right off the assembly line
start > control panel > phone & modem options > Click modem tab, select ur modem and click properties.
Go to advanced tab and in EXTRA INTILIZATION COMMANDS write "at&fx1" without any quotes.
Click OK and then connect to internet.
U will get a at least 115 kbps speed.

Last edited:
OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Well I run CounterSpy for Adware n Spyware.I scan my PC with Avast Anti-Virus.But found nothing wrong.I gt both softwares updated regularly.Even Automatic Updates is OFF.
So i called SATYAM,they told that they themself gona contact me...Let's see wht's d trouble :evil:
One more thing...Today i connect through MO of Airtel.I have N70 phone .It gives me good browsing speed,but only 1.0kbps dnload speed :( I takes 45 mins. to load an 4 MB of song...It SUXS man...Please HELP-HELP Me!

Last edited:

slagad

Broken In
If you try everthing and nothing works, then first ask the Satyam people to help, if not then re-install your OS.

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Wht r u talking abt man.I have to format my HDD :shock: Please don't say that.It's gona FU*K me...Don't u have any other way-out :(

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
OK that's right.But let me tell u one thing that I don't need so much speed.As i only surf to check my mails,replying in forums,browsing mobile sites n dnloading few mobile apps n games.
So why anybody needs fast conn. for it as dial-up is OK for me.
If Yes,then tell me MAIN advantages of broadband for surfing habits of mine :cool: I'm frm Punjab.Which is d best broadband here :?: Also wht MORE can i do with broadband which i'm unable to do via Dial-Up :!:

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
best bband anywhere i can tell is either bsnl(incl. MTNL - added on comment below by @tech_mastermind) or airtel(if u have it there...)

all other big players are all cr@p... dunno abt local ones...

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls
cool_dude_prav said:
best bband anywhere i can tell is either bsnl or airtel(if u have it there...)

all other big players are all cr@p... dunno abt local ones...

mtnl is not crap...

blademast3r

In the zone
reddick said:
I browse through Dial-Up n my ISP is Satyam.The problem is that my download speed is too slow nowadays.Firstly i gt speed upto 3.7 kbps or 4.0 kbps which is enough for me.But now it's only 1.1 or 1.5 kbps which is very low :( Though the conn. speed is 38 kbps.I have all latest browsers like - Opera 9.0,FireFox 1.5 and IE 6.5 bt same dnload speed :confused: If i open 'Windows Task Manager' no other program is running.I don't know wht happened.PLEASE HELP ON THIS...THANKS MATE!!!

U rilli dont get noticable speed boosts with dap and others acclerators...but do run a spyware check with ad aware se before givin your ISP a buzzzz.. :D

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
So why anybody needs fast conn. for it as dial-up is OK for me.
If Yes,then tell me MAIN advantages of broadband for surfing habits of mine
Please leave ur comments on this! :)

OP
reddick

reddick

Mobile Freak
Hey I have noticed some thing intresting here :!:
I have Win98SE installed at D: drive.And on this OS i gt connected at the first attemp n also gets higher speed for browsing n downloading ;) I don't know why it's not working like this in WinXP :evil: I missed XP while surfing :oops: Anybody know why is it so?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom