download speed in LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

taken

Journeyman
Hi all

i would like to test my network speed having both wireless and wired configuration. is there any such freeware that would suffice me this problem.

i could get some but they limit the file size. what i would like to have is that i will transfer a big file from source to destination and this software would record the real time transfer rate. similar to the one which we see on download managers status like 14 Kbps.

any help out there!!!!
ken

roxisayshi

Broken In
try IPmessenger "www.ipmsg.org".when u will send any file or folder to some other computer ,the computer recieving the file can see the transfering speed .

ghemant

Broken In
Hi,
you can download bandwidth metere from download.com , their are various tools available for such purpose.

:)
Regards

digen

Youngling
I use Qcheck for measuring wireless network performance between hosts.

Qcheck, the network troubleshooting utility from Ixia, slices, dices, and checks network response time, throughput, and streaming performance. It even runs anywhere-to-anywhere traceroute!

Unforunately the link for Qcheck isnt showing up at the author's website.

Here is a cached page for the same from Google: *72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:dxLKo...eck&hl=en&gl=in&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=firefox-a

OP
T

taken

Journeyman
am using qcheck but the problems is that the maximum data transfer is 10000 bytes. you always get result in <=10MBPS, though your network might support more than that. hence was searching for a better simpler, method so that it may show result in <= 100 MBPS format.

gone through google but just cant hook the main items. pls help if possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom