Download Manager with speed monitoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hey all,
I am using a 2 mbps nite unlimited connection and have a rapidshare premium a/c . the thing is with some downloads i get my full bandwidth i.e 220-240 KB/sec and with some i get around 30-40 KB/sec only.
I generally download 4 files at a time and so more or less make full utilization of the speed. The speeds for the 4 downloads would be something like this :-
1 90 KB/sec
2 100 KB/sec
3 15 KB/sec
4 15 KB/sec
Total :- 220 KB/sec

I tried downloading 1 file at a time, the result of which was the same i.e some downloaded at full speed and some downloaded at a much slower speed.. which affected my further download(which mostly downloads at higher speeds)

So now the thing is i need a download manager which will monitor my speed and as soon as my speed falls below a certain limit that i set for sometime, i want it to switch over to the next item and come back to this later..
I hope i have made myself clear.

This is quite a demanding feature,i know, but i get held up due to the speeds of some of my downloads..so if there is any manager which has this feature, pls let me know..

Thx !!!

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
i use the same plan and use internet download manager with an RS account
i get 200+ KBps provided i do 1 file at a time

even i use the same plan but i dont cross 215kBps in day time.
i havent checked the speeds at nite time.
what r the average speeds that i wud get at nite time?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
thegame_rulez said:
hey all,
I am using a 2 mbps nite unlimited connection and have a rapidshare premium a/c . the thing is with some downloads i get my full bandwidth i.e 220-240 KB/sec and with some i get around 30-40 KB/sec only.
I generally download 4 files at a time and so more or less make full utilization of the speed. The speeds for the 4 downloads would be something like this :-
1 90 KB/sec
2 100 KB/sec
3 15 KB/sec
4 15 KB/sec
Total :- 220 KB/sec

I tried downloading 1 file at a time, the result of which was the same i.e some downloaded at full speed and some downloaded at a much slower speed.. which affected my further download(which mostly downloads at higher speeds)

So now the thing is i need a download manager which will monitor my speed and as soon as my speed falls below a certain limit that i set for sometime, i want it to switch over to the next item and come back to this later..
I hope i have made myself clear.

This is quite a demanding feature,i know, but i get held up due to the speeds of some of my downloads..so if there is any manager which has this feature, pls let me know..

Thx !!!

I don't think so nor seen any download manager which can do that.

a_tif

Journeyman
u will have to write a pragram for ur own download manager with speed monitoring :grin:

ur concept is interesting

but no one makes such downlaod managers

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
lol ... true... Neither of Flashget / DAP / IDM / FDM does it :p

What a fix. But you may yet have a solution!

Each of these Managers ( not IDM ) have a option to limit tha download speed to manual .. u can specify that.

WHat u can do is .. :p run FDM.. DAP..and Flashget .. all at once..ach having one of the files.. and set manual limit for each of to ur choice :p see if u like!

lol ... i know...its hilarious...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom