download manager which allows downloads from secure sites???

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
is there any download manager which allows downloads from secure sites???

i m unable to download the FREE oracle database which is 160MB big!!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
In flashget, when u d/l a file, u get the option to add a User name and Password to d/l if any.. If this was what u asked for...

QM

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
no yaar,
i tried many download managers including getright and flashget. but i cud not resume my downloads. i m on a narrowband connection so downloading everything in one go is difficult. connection drops sometimes and so on. :(

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Try an Indian product called GetAgain ... i havent tried it but heard that it resumes even rapidshare... so might help :)

QM

wORm

Journeyman
Maybe the server you are trying to download from does not have resume support. Most d/l managers work with password protected downloads.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
no yaar ...i m not talking abt password protected sites!! its abt secure sites with password. with download accelerator i m getting a message that secure sites are not supported and the download does not continue.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
arey selva1966ji i said it in the first post. Oracle website.

i wanted to download the FREE 10g express edition DB which is 160MB big :d
same problem. my connection gets cut after 30-35MB and i am unable to resume it.

and man onyl yday i read the terms and conditions and it says we can use it only till 31st Jan :(...

so i m not gonna try to download it now

saROMan

QA Juggler
well i know the problem it happned to me when i was d/l the try out Office ver fm Microsoft.....i wud suggect try Flashget/Mass downloader .....They actually detected the Link but d/l speed was terrible 1/2 KB only.....else you will have to search for Mirrors which support d/l managers....also i ddnk know Oracle made it Free .....plz try these links .......remember i donno if its legal to d/l fm these links..if not Mods plz you can remove the links...as i wont be online 2 delete them.....

Oracle 9i
*www.aoloser.com/yu/appz/Oracle_Databases/
*www-db.stanford.edu/~ullman/fcdb/oracle/or-nonstandard.html
*www.dbasupport.com/oracle/ora9i/

*www.aoloser.com/yu/archive/Oracle_Databases/Oracle_9i_rev2_Windows_install.rar

*www.kenstar.com/oracle9i.rar

guess the last2 links will support d/l managers

Udaya Maurya

Journeyman
You will have to purchase full version of Download Accelerator Plus Premium 7 to access the service:
ALWAYS RESUME
which resumes the download even after the service is not provided by the website.

There are only three tries of Always Resume in the demo version, if you urgently need it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom