Download Accelerator Plus 7.5 Query!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plsoft

Journeyman
recently i installed DAP 7.5. it gave me download speed of approx 50-60 kbps. But after 4-5 days it is giving me only 5-8 kbps. What could be the problem? Nway i have SIFY 64 kbps internet connection.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
50-60 kbps in 64 Kbps?? That was just shown by DAP... The actual d/l speed cannot be possible..........

expertno.1

Technomancer
plsoft said:
recently i installed DAP 7.5. it gave me download speed of approx 50-60 kbps. But after 4-5 days it is giving me only 5-8 kbps. What could be the problem? Nway i have SIFY 64 kbps internet connection.

I know this you would have seen just when the download process started

At that time Dap shows speed according to the data loaded
u know there are four connections to a server while you download

so when the first last conenction is on a "waiting for reply"

the first three connections are downlaoding the data

so when all the four connections are active then dap sees the data loaded by all connections and shows off the speed

but after some time the data speed reaches 5-6 KBps which is the original speed

This always happens at starting of dap

Remebr that this is not a BUG

BTW u cannot get more then 6.4 KBps in dap if u have 64 kbps connection

Thanks
Regards...
Expertno.1

tuxfan

Technomancer
DAP was known to contain a adware/spyware. How can you trus that software? Use Free Download Manager instead.

expertno.1

Technomancer
DAP was known to contain a adware/spyware. How can you trus that software? Use Free Download Manager instead.

Hi tuxfan ,

Please dont divert us from the topic
we are not here to choose which one is better
please explain the question which he asked and nothing more

Anyways
Dap is adware

and plsoft i think everything is clear regarding what dap does
its not a bug but its a dap fault to calculate the speed after some time of download

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

tuxfan

Technomancer
expertno.1 said:
Hi tuxfan ,

Please dont divert us from the topic
we are not here to choose which one is better
please explain the question which he asked and nothing more

If you try to discuss the taste of poison, I will first tell you that poison kills and won't dwelve into why it tastes bitter!! :roll:

Similar is the case here. Forget about the speed of DAP or its other features. If it contains adware/spyware no one should use it in the first place. So I don't find it necessary to discuss why and what about DAP!! :|

expertno.1

Technomancer
Similar is the case here. Forget about the speed of DAP or its other features. If it contains adware/spyware no one should use it in the first place. So I don't find it necessary to discuss why and what about DAP!!

Hey tuxy cool be coool
i dont want to create flame
and DAP is adware similar Opera is also adware !

Please be cool man
leave the matter

@plsoft
thanks once again

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

alanpaladka

Journeyman
I have the same problem. I get 5 to 6 kbps when dap loads a flashy ad. After a ad loads, I suddenly get 16 to 17 kpbs till it prepares to load next ad. This is comman to DAP users. So don't worry. :D
Iam using Reliance RConnect :idea:

tuxfan

Technomancer
expertno.1 said:
Hey tuxy cool be coool
i dont want to create flame
and DAP is adware similar Opera is also adware !

I am cool as cucumber. :D Relax. There is no flaming. Just strong opinions ;)

There is a difference between "Adware" and "Ad-Supported Application". DAP is former, Opera is later.

Adware is malicious, Ad-Supported Application isn't.

DAP is adware or spyware. As long as its not clean. Kick it out. There are cleaner applications available. Go for them :)

tuxfan

Technomancer
May be. Who knows? Why bother? If there is no alternative to DAP, then you can sit and worry whether it has a spyware or not. As long as there are a few alternatives, use them man!! Don't waste time on DAP. If you search, you will also find lots of links for and against DAP. Who's going to go thru them?

Benefit of doubt always goes to the alternative software ;)

Biplav

In the zone
hi tuxfan:
i think speedbit is a pretty descent ok a name to make such false statement for such a long time without a complaint.(if there were any complain proved then the spyware free tag wont have lasted for more or less a year now);
i have used 5 download mgrs by now; and still fall back to dap
y?
coz none give me speeds of wat dap does.
so

expertno.1

Technomancer
I agree with Biplav

May be. Who knows? Why bother? If there is no alternative to DAP, then you can sit and worry whether it has a spyware or not. As long as there are a few alternatives, use them man!! Don't waste time on DAP. If you search, you will also find lots of links for and against DAP. Who's going to go thru them?

I am using DAP from the last 4 years and not a single time i had a problem in my pc regarding maliciousness and others

why is this so ?

Leave the matter

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

tuxfan

Technomancer
Your last statement says it all expertno.1. Leave the matter :)

Once some malicious things are reported and corroborated at a few places, I will feel apprehensive about using that product. I have used DAP and stopped. Now I use Free Download Manager. Its equally good, if not better and it works great. No issues.

expertno.1

Technomancer
Your last statement says it all expertno.1. Leave the matter

I dont want to discuss which one is better and which is worse

I dont want to discuss which is spyware and which is adware

I dont want to discuss some ones' likings and some ones hatred

Thats why I want to leave this matter coz we are diverting from the topic and creating a flame war

The one who likes DAP must use DAP and the one who doesn't likes DAP better not to use DAP

Thats all to say

Thanks
Regards..
Expertno.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom