Doubts with DVD........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aparajith

Broken In
I just got the LG GSA-4163 DVD - writer. But I do not know how to write movies on a DVD. I was supplied with the Powerproducer Gold software. I have many DivX movies and would like to make a DVD movie out of them. I once saw a DVD of my relative with all 3 LORD OF THE RINGS movies in them. I tried writing 3 Star wars movies [ Episodes 1,2 and 3 ] but I get an out - of -space error. Each movie takes up upto 3 GB of space. So can someone guide me through. I was also thinking of getting some other software like Ulead DVD movie factory. So some suggestions if possible on that front too...

Thank you,

Aparajith .S

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
You can use Nero for this purpose, just write them like you would write some Data CD , like make a seperate folder and put the movies in it and burn them.

You can't write them into DVD5 in case each of them is 3gb. You can convert them into .avi/.ogg format and burn them. In this way, we can burn all the three movies, each being 1.4gb in case. In case you got the DVD with you you can rip each and every movie convert to .avi and burn them.

Aparajith said:
Each movie takes up upto 3 GB of space
Hmm, you say you have DIVx of many movies , but I dont think you got .avi of this star wars.. can you tell wht format is it in..

Beware, when you burn them in Data DVD, then you wont be able to watch them with a DVD player.

Biplav

In the zone
dude u want it in the dvd format???
if yes then u shud be going for nero. i think there is a utility where u can compress the files.
but if u want to play those movies on the computer and
not on the dvd player
then i would advice u to encode it to either xvid; divx else mp4(wat i use)
this will compress the movies without any visible loss in the video quality.
further more; if u reduce the sound quality a bit - then the size can even reduce by 40 % easily.
i compressed a movie of 1.32GB to a 74 mb cd.ie somewat 636mb.
but i could have compressed it further more but i didnt want to compromise on the sound.
to make things clear- i saw absolute no difference in the movie quality.
i used nero Recode; and its the simplest way to do so.
just put the size u want the movie to fit into and it will do it automatically.
make sure u put a desirable size and not something like 100MB! lol/
the output file would be in mp4 format and its not the same as Mpeg4.
try it with some trailor and reduce it to 60-50% and tell me ur conclusions.

OP
A

Aparajith

Broken In
Well guys,

I have the AVI movies of all episodes and all of them are a max 750 MB in size. Compressed them from a DVD using the DivX codec. Am planning to write 3 movies in each DVD (i.e) Movies -1,2, and 3 in one and Movies - 4,5 and 6 in another DVD. I want them all to be playable on a DVD player as I have a home theater system. So suggest me how it is to be done. I have a movie encoder called Cucusoft video encoder. It has an option to convert AVI to DVD option. Never tried it. Also is it possible to do it using just Nero 6 enterprise edition alone. If yes give me a guide on how it is to be done ?

Aparajith .S

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Agian I guess nero can do the job for you, you can burn them as video format from the options available.

In case u need to write a dvd- video: (in case u use nero)
1. First start a new compilation . File-->new compilation
2. Select "DVD-video" from that list.
3. Now do other formalities and u r done now :D

Also check digit May 2005 issue.
Page 46.

They use the freeware :avi2DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom