Doubts on PGCET-2014 karnataka eligibiility

subashj

Broken In
Hello guy's,I'm thinking to do mtech this year so I have some doubts regarding pgcet,
1)I have done BE in Electronics and communication but I want to do mtech in computer science and engineering so am I eligible to do that??
2)I read about that 50% in BE eligibility criteria ,so whether that is aggregate or is it according to per sem?
please clear my doubts.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
^Generally speaking, ECE is eligible for M.Tech in CS for most universities, except IITs and a few NITs (not all). I'd however advise you to give test in CSE branch - it holds higher preference/weightage for admission in such a case. But you can give the EC paper and still apply. If you get a good score, it is generally not an issue.

OP
S

subashj

Broken In
- - - Updated - - -

^Generally speaking, ECE is eligible for M.Tech in CS for most universities, except IITs and a few NITs (not all). I'd however advise you to give test in CSE branch - it holds higher preference/weightage for admission in such a case. But you can give the EC paper and still apply. If you get a good score, it is generally not an issue.

Thanks for clearing my doubt..

- - - Updated - - -

Can you tell me Is it possible to attain good rank If I start preparing from today itself? What are the key areas I should focus on while studying ..?

AcceleratorX

Youngling
^I don't have much experience of the Karnataka PGCET but I am guessing it won't be on the level of GATE (should be easier). Pick if you are going to give the ECE or the CSE paper, study the basics of the syllabus and some practice questions.

P.S. I have confirmed that in most colleges at VTU you are in fact eligible for M.Tech in CS with an ECE degree. But you can consider this as a thumb rule because other than some NITs and all IITs (*unless you give GATE in CSE) most do allow you to pursue M.Tech in CS if you have ECE degree.

bhargavi.bhagurva

New to this forum
Hello,
i have entered my category as st in my application form.I am wondering if i dont produce my certificates in the verification,will i be considered under gm category? plz reply

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello,
i have entered my category as st in my application form.I am wondering if i dont produce my certificates in the verification,will i be considered under gm category? plz reply
If you won't produce your certificates in the verification, you'll be disqualified.

Top Bottom