Doubts on Multiple OS installtion....

Theodre

In the zone
Hi TDF, :) I am planning on installing Elementary OS LUNA and ubuntu 13.10 along with my Windows 7 SP1 partitioned laptop. At the moment i only have the windows installed. Am not worried about the partitioning, but is there anything in particular when installing multiple OS's in my sammy lappy?? Especially about the GRUB as one OS may have the older version of the GRUB than the other. So is there any order or anything by which i have to install the OS's??

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
No there's no issue with triple booting your lappy. No issue with GRUB too. As it'll give you a choice of which OS needs to be booted.

Hrishi

Install the Ubuntu at last , I think that should be best option while triple booting.

root.king

geek in action
Thanks for the reply guys... My LAP is Samsung NP550p5C-S01IN. Ubuntu 13.10 doesn't recognise my sound card. What should i do??:)

Note : not planning on adding another thread for this issue.. :)

Do you installed all latest updates ?

OP
Theodre

Theodre

In the zone
Do you installed all latest updates ?

yes.. it is fully installed... but the thing is that the souncard should have been automaticall detected as it got detected in ubuntu 13.04... but it's not happening in this time around...

prehistoricgamer

Q.C Passed. Tested. OK
Google for the problem. I too had some sound card issues while using ubuntu 11x. I had to do some changes as i remember.

OP
Theodre

Theodre

In the zone
Google for the problem. I too had some sound card issues while using ubuntu 11x. I had to do some changes as i remember.

Yeah but thats when the sound card is not detected automatically. My sound card was automatically dettected in 13.04 but dont know what happened in 13.10, it's just not detecting...

OP
Theodre

Theodre

In the zone
Try a clean install ?

Now i found a way around to this problem, but it is temporary!! If i switch off and on the speakers from the sound menu, My sound card is activated!!! I tried many solutions from the net, but all are temporary.... :-x :-x

Top Bottom