...::doubt::...

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

h4ck3r

Hey i installed knoppix 3.6 and was hearing mp3 for a while ..then after a half hour or so mp3 not playing.. i checked the sndconfig and it says
soundcard "currently" not supported ..

But the mp3 were playing as usual after a restart .. I also feel the quality of listening to songs in linux is better than windows .. pls elaborate

cnukutti

Broken In
h4ck3r said:
Hey i installed knoppix 3.6 and was hearing mp3 for a while ..then after a half hour or so mp3 not playing.. i checked the sndconfig and it says
soundcard "currently" not supported ..
this happens sometimes. i am also in need of a solution to this.

But the mp3 were playing as usual after a restart .. I also feel the quality of listening to songs in linux is better than windows .. pls elaborate
Always the drivers for your sound card in linux is written in such a way that it has a more amplification than in windows. So you get a lot of volume and lot of distortions.

OP
H

h4ck3r

Somebody in this forum answer my question quickly ..though the error is not caused so often.

And i want to know how to connect from linux using my tata fone .. I am using tata indicom fone which has a inbuilt modem.

i also suggest a new idea to the mods.. Especially GNUrag ..
PLS PUT TWO LINUX COMMANDS DAILY AND WE CAN LEARN FROM THE MAN PAGES.. this way newbies like me can learn linux faster and better :p

babumuchhala

In the zone
the svchost.exe file if is made to end process. Then this happens. the file reloads itself but the sound system goes off. Even if due to some internal error svchost.exe has to restart u will have to face this problem

OP
H

h4ck3r

babumuchhala said:
the svchost.exe file if is made to end process. Then this happens. the file reloads itself but the sound system goes off. Even if due to some internal error svchost.exe has to restart u will have to face this problem

Myself and cnukutti are using win98.. so i think there is no harm coz we dont have the file installed.. only xp users may face the problem

BTW I WONDER WHY GNUrag is not here yet :?

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
h4ck3r said:
Hey i installed knoppix 3.6 and was hearing mp3 for a while ..then after a half hour or so mp3 not playing.. i checked the sndconfig and it says soundcard "currently" not supported ..
What sound driver are you using with your Media Player?
And can you post the output of this command?
# lspci -v

h4ck3r said:
BTW I WONDER WHY GNUrag is not here yet :?
Just a lil busy...

h4ck3r said:
i also suggest a new idea to the mods.. Especially GNUrag ..
PLS PUT TWO LINUX COMMANDS DAILY AND WE CAN LEARN FROM THE MAN PAGES.. this way newbies like me can learn linux faster and better
Nice idea... Will try to implement... just wait for a while.... There's something called as LOST Project .... i'll install LOST Fortunes and then post tips ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom