Doubt with Zone Alarm Firewall!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

He guys!

I am using ZA Firewall and everytime some new software is launched and if that software tries to access internet, ZA asks me three questions...

1. Limewire is trying to access the trusted zone.
2. Limewire is trying to access the internet.
3. Limewire is trying to act as a server.

First two questions are fine, but what does the third question mean and what shold be done here?

Thankyou.

Venom

Journeyman
Give it access, since all its trying to do is act as a server (p2p) and try to upload stuff to others.

Sykora

I see right through you.
Act as Server => Trying to 'serve' ie, Send files on your machine to others, and receive files from them. This is typical for a p2p client so you should allow all access.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
'Limewire is trying to access the trusted zone' , the programs in the Trusted Zone
can access the Net without any restriction. 'Limewire is trying to act as server'.
This means it's trying to act as Server. You know what a Server does - serve files
to clients& also receive them.
Limewire is a P2P program, so allow it to act as Server & access the Net.
Also if you installed Java JDK and run JBoss or any Application Server written in JAVA,
ZoneAlarm will report 'Java is trying to act as Server'!! Ofcourse it is. So I allow it.

Last edited:

slagad

Broken In
Allow all three no problem, if you want to download from others then you need to give access to the single defined Limewire download folder, to others to download from.

anandk

Distinguished Member
allow all three ( i know i am repeating what other r saying, but rest assured if u know the application wanting approval, permit za ro allow it...)

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
always allow a software to access net if u know what it will be doing.
Btw limewire needs to act as server because it needs to upload data. even yahoo messenger asks the permission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom