DotA players

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Hey there guys. I have checked out this subforum but I don't find anyone who plays DotA.

It's an excellent strategic game and there are a LOT of players in India itself and tournaments are regularly organized.This game is present in 90% of the game cafes in India.Just check out this screenshot.

*i51.tinypic.com/2960kr5.png

So many players in India itself! At around 11 pm nearly all the rooms are full!

Basically there are 101 unique heroes with special moves and you get to control one of them.There are 2 teams to choose from, the Scourge and the Sentinel.The main aim is to destroy the opposite team's main structure( Tree of life for Sentinel, The Frozen Throne for the Scourge).
This can be accomplished in various ways, like, by killing the heroes and weakening them so they can't defend or by just outright pushing.

The great thing about this game is that it requires actual teamwork.That is, no single player can wipe out a whole team.Your invidual skills barely matter, it's your team which propells you to victory.

Since we have threads for online games and I didn't see one for DotA, I was thinking maybe you guys aren't aware about it.It would be awesome if we could form a thinkdigit team and pwn people together :D.

Sarath

iDota
That is the garena client not the game itself. But i'm happy someone mentioned about dota here. Should have put up screenshots of ingame action (i dont know how to).

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Btw , are you guys interested in trying out League of Legends? It's a refined version of DOTA and free too.

I created a thread about it sometime back, check the link below :

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/gamerz/139871-league-legends.html

There's a EU and NA server , I play on the NA.

Sarath

iDota
Oh for a moment o thought you were talking about Heroes of Newerth.
Took 3years to perfect DoTA cant spare another for a new game.

Longest learning curve for a game ive ever played DoTA

Shortest: Angry Birds :p

Tachyon1986

In the zone
Oh for a moment o thought you were talking about Heroes of Newerth.
Took 3years to perfect DoTA cant spare another for a new game.

Longest learning curve for a game ive ever played DoTA

Shortest: Angry Birds :p

Lol , well the game has a tutorial. And it's really easy for DoTA players , infact the website tells you the difference between League of Legends and DoTA.

If you're interested in playing , let me know. I'll help you through the game.

lordirecto

In the zone
@Sarath: I feel that Heroes of Newerth is a lot better than LoL just for the gfx elements. Ofcourse it is my personal opinion.

I used to play Dota on Garena and Gameranger. But after HoN went open beta, I have stopped playing Dota.

Sarath

iDota
I checked them long back but like I said I don't want to learn new heroes and the plethora of items again. I am aware that a lot of similarities exist.

Sarath

iDota
WC is a pretty old game by itself. I have survived from 6.38 to the present 6.72c map so its been a long journey and association with this game.

It took too much time to get a hold on the game so I wont be moving to another one. I will most likely stop playing such games after this, if Dota dies and is replaced by HoN or LoL.

Top Bottom