DOOM Movie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@sentinel.. can u paste the source as well plz :D

btw i found this.. it says its been a on the loose from 1995... so plz m8 post the source if its real

*www.techspot.com/story13599.html

Serial_Killer

Broken In
Doom the movie is expected to hit the screen in August and is being directed by Cradle 2 the Grave director Andrzej Bartkowiak

Here is the link at gamespot *www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/04/news_6119703.html

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
There are a few other movie too in the pipeline, like "Max Payne", a GTA movie that has been waiting for a long, long time and a few others and that I cant recall right now. Will try to post the relevant links soon.

OP
D

deceased_sentinel

Broken In
yeah dude !

i heard it on CNN. The Rock was giving an interview. He even said the script calls for him to use a BFG !!!!!!!!

JUST FOUND THIS LINK !!!!!!!*www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=5873

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
That reminds me, "FarCry" is being made into a movie too. Last heard, Rock was gonna play Jack Craver but now that he will be The Marine in Doom 3, wonder who will be playing Jack in FarCry-The Movie.

borg

In the zone
Man , they take these big budget games & make trash movies in their names. Most of the so called game movies were trash. hope they make sensible movies.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Actually, Resident Evil, Tomb Raider and AvP were "acceptable" as popcorn munching flicks to watch when you're bored. I really liked RE and RE:A, maybe I am really mindless. :lol: Lame@ss movies, but still good entertainment of sorts. Hope Doom 3 turns out to be a good popcorn muncher too. :D

The impressive cast of Doom 3 includes
Sarge - Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson - (The Mummy Returns, The Scorpion King) (He's supposed to be the main character, not the Sarge from the game.)
John Grimm - Karl Urban - (Eomer, The Lord of the Rings) (I think he's a kind of a Campbell-inspired character)
Samantha - Rosamund Pike (Miranda Frost, Die Another Day) No idea who she is supposed to be, but I hope she's not Theresa or Dr. Elizabeth McNeil inspired. :D
Goat - Ben Daniels
Duke - Razaaq Adoti
Portman - Richard Brake
Pinky :lol: :lol: - Dexter Fletcher
Mac - Yao Chin
Dr. Carmack :lol: :lol: - Robert Russell
Lt. Hunegs - Daniel York
Sandford Crosby - Ian Hughes
Dr. Jenna Willits (Willits, triple LOL :lol: )
Dr. Hillary Tallman - Blanka Jarosova
Dr. Thurman - Jaroslav Psenicka
Curtis Stahle / The Baron - Brian Steele (Maybe a Hell Baron, maybe inspired by Dr. Malcolm Betruger aka The Maledict)

The basic premise of the story is that when a Special Ops squadron answers a distress call from a science lab on the planet Olduvai (WTF?:D) their investigation reveals that a series of mutant beings (mutants? :shock:) are systematically killing off the population there.

This is going to be absolutely hilarious, I think. :D

BTW, the movie is Number 5 on the "Top Most Previewed" list at Yahoo! Movies and is produced by the same company that made "Constantine" Someone there is obsessed with Hell. :D

Source: Yahoo! Movies - Greg's Preview.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Olduvai? Mutants? Isint it supposed to be a Doom movie? Did Doom ever had mutants? AFAIK, the Doom games were based on Mars and Earth, right?

infernus

Broken In
Knew it b'fore. Thought i'd post, but i had the idea you guys wouldve know it b'fore. After making movies into games, now the fad has reversed, making games into movies,a la Alien versus Predator. Let us see whether this movie would make a mark.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
The news of Doom3 movie is months old and was discussed in the forum too ...... but here is some new news that was on planetdoom(and yes it not a rumor)

DOOM movie done

According to Shacknews , the upcoming DOOM movie has completed shooting.

The article quotes wrestler Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, who stars in the movie which is scheduled to be released August 5th by Universal Pictures. The movie came under criticism last year when it was revealed that the writer, Wesley Stick, had made several changes, including the movie's location (from Mars in the games to an unknown planet in the movie), the presence of Hell (in the game, Hell invades, in the movie the zombies and monsters are a result of a virus), the use of S.W.A.T. rather than Space Marines, and a number of other changes.

G

gxsaurav

I heard about the movie being in making a long time ago, but saw the cast today only, good choise of cast, but Mutents & Olduvai, amn Doom is supposed to be Mars & Hell, Y this

Flop, super flop

borg

In the zone
The movies they make should be movies & not shootoffs of games. What I mean to say is that even a person who has never played the game should be able to enjoy the movie. But most of the time this is lacking. The movies more often than not, even fail to impress the gamers.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
well...the guys @id say they r happy with all the changes that were made 2 the doom storyline...oops...whatever excuse of a story they came up with...sorry had 2 say that...id r not known 4 their story-telling skills...remember quake 3 guys...anyway, back 2 the movie...read the interview ign had with id's matt hooper:
*pc.ign.com/articles/592/592470p3.html

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Well, whether its a flop or not, only time will tell, 'cause most if the veiwers who will watch the movie may not have played or know about the Doom series. So they might end up liking the movie after all. As for we hardcore gamers, any diversion from the original setting and plot will only make us cry murder!

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Well chk out this thread for more movies based on game franchise

*207.58.143.178/forums/showthread.php?t=12019

Doom will be out in august i guess, i hope it wont be another flop !

Sourabh

Laptoping
well the cast of this movie is good

The Rock wod be unimaginable in the role

Rosamand Pike wasnt done justice to her role in the james bond flick

hopefully she has a better role in here

but i just hope it doesnt turn out to be a flop

atleast RE and Re: Apocalypse were good enuf

hope it aint bad than these two

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
RE was good but apoclypse in my opinion was rubbish,btw milia jovovich looked sexier. jill was cool too.

तारे_जी

djmykey

Let the music play.....
I woud watch the movie coz i dint play the game na. so lil briefing kind of thing is always welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom