DOOM Movie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Hmmm, then you will end up all confused, what with the setting and location all changed for the movie. Heed my suggestion, go play the game. Just like most good movies dont translate well into games, most great games dont translate into a good movie. If you are a hardcore gamer, expirience the game first. If not, well, it doesnt really matters in the end.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
deceased_sentinel said:
RE and RE:A were good but did u'll see "House Of Dead"(Yuk!)

hopefully theyll make more movies into games a la NFS:Underground
and Matrix!

OMG ! Uwe Boll (director for HoTD) sucks big time, and the worst thing is he has taken up making films based games as a major hobby. He is going to direct/or produce quite a major no. of flicks like Alone in the dark, Far Cry, Bloodrayne !! :shock:

DKant

In the zone
Dr. Carmack - Robert Russell

I'll be interested to see how he delivers his dialogues. :D

But WTH is Rosamund Pike doing here? Jeez I h8 those extra female characters thrown in just to make the movie look better. :mad: Not that I mind a lot ;) but it just slackens the pace a li'l.

But I really don't think it's gonna be a gr8 movie. Atleast for some1 who's played DOOM already.

And whatever u say abt HL, I have a feeling that noone will be able to do justice to it onscreen. Cuz well, there's a huge difference between playing Gordon urself, continuously from a FP perspective if I might add (which's what made HL kick a$$) and watching some1 with a star/superstar tag (and consequently a screen image) attached to him play it out. I'm sure it will be a letdown. Let's just hope it never gets made, or that I'm proved wrong.

I'ld rather have HL3, @ any rate. :)

The only game-based movie I'm waiting for is MP. That was the one game that was truly a crossover betn Hollywood and Silicon-burning Valley. ;) Besides watching the movie version of a game u played in the Third Person Perspective isn't as much a culture shock as against the movie version of an FPS (like DOOM or HL). :)

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@DKant: what abt an animated movie...a la stuff like final fantasy spirits within....now that would make an HL movie really kick a$$....i have no hopes whatsoever with the DOOM movie though...esp since the Rock cant act :wink:
it will b mindless action....which is fun when u carry out carnage on a computer screen....not on a movie...lol...

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@Nemesis : Not like final fantasy ,coz square studios the makers of final fantasy had to close down becoz of heavy financial loss in that project.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Nah, I think I will skip that one. :D As for FF:TSW, its still one of my all time faves, along with Titan AE and of course, the same Square Prod. feature "Final Flight of the Osiris" :D Can't wait for such gritty animation movies rather than a laugh-a-minute animation movies that we see so much these days. I liked Titan AE most because of that, combining cel- and 3D animation along with a great story and a really out-of-this-world soundtrack. :D

borg

In the zone
Man, i just saw Resident Evil: Apocalypse. Not bad man, not bad at all. I liked the zombie dog scenes. But the dog scenes in the first part were better. The way Alice jumps turns around & kicks those damn dogs was really awesome!!!.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Mmmm, Sienna Guillory as Jill Valentine. (drools) :D I am waiting for the DVD to come out here yet, if it doesn't, Amazon.com, here I come. While this movie sticks true to the PS2 games, its definitely not as gritty as the original. That was just plain awesome. Still, a worthy flick. It looks like there's gonna be a sequel though, but that was to be expected. :D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
New stills from the upcoming doom movie

*pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/609/609519/4402319_D011_01833_1115081196.jpg
Sarge (The Rock) and Destroyer (DeObia Oparei) enter a corridor with ventillation ducts overhead. Suddenly Destroyer is spooked by something in the duct and falls to the ground firing into the duct-work as he falls.

*pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/609/609519/4402319_D012_02185_1115081607.jpg
The Kid (Al Weaver) emerges from the Ark into the Wormhole Chamber of Olduvai and promptly pukes in front of the rest of the squad.

*pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/609/609519/440_2319_D010_01725_1115081704.jpg
The Kid (Al Weaver), Sarge (The Rock) and Destroyer (DeObia Oparei) in the corridor from Airlock to Carmack's lab. Sarge tells Destroyer to shoot Portman in the knee if he gives him trouble

source

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Oh, that was the Rock in the first picture? I thought it was an imp throwing a fireball with a Trite to its left. Lots of guys with big guns fighting interdimensional monsters. Oh me, oh joy! Blech! I don't suppose these guys have ever heard of shotguns, plasma rifles or BFGs.

Tommygecko

Broken In
the rock is an a**.he does not know how to act.his scorpion king was pathetic,more so his acting.you can be rest assured that he will mess up doom too.what a pathetic excuse for an actor he is.he was better off in wrestling.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@tommy , i do not agree ;), rock is a nice actor ;) as all they do in wwe is crappy laughable acting , really funny ,with fake fights, but the rock is best of them all i must say.

borg

In the zone
Doom movie coming on October 21!!!

Its here folks. I only hope it will be as good as the game. Lets hope its not the same stuff we have seen in Resident Evil. Check the quicktime trailer here-

*www.apple.com/trailers/universal/doom/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom