DOOM III FPS Problem !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam Team

Journeyman
Winfast GeForce FX 6600
AMD 64 3000+
512 MB DDR 400

Doom III at any resolution .. any graphics quality... (I run Ultra Quality)
This damn thing runs at only 60-70 fps not more than that...

I disabled Vertical Sync from driver level and Game level but this thing refuses to go above 70 fps ...(even at lower resolutions and low quality)..
Help needed..

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
the d3 engine is capped at 60 fps ,do this to remove the fps limit edit ur autoexec.cfg to change the following values

seta r_swapinterval "0" // Vsync on off
seta com_fixedTic "-1" // Remove frame limit .If set to 0 (the default) Doom 3's ticrate is capped at 60FPS, meaning the game framerate cannot exceed this, except when running a timedemo. If you want to remove this cap, set com_fixedTic to -1. Setting it to 1 removes the cap, but causes the game physics to go out of sync.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
You can "remove" the 60fps cap in Doom 3 with the following command:

com_fixedtic -1

This will boost the framerate without the fast forward speedup

It hardly matters though because the Doom 3 engine is capped at 60fps no matter what you do to adjust the framerate maximum. If you tell it to surpass 60fps it will just render identical frames if it's rendering more than 60fps. The max number of UNIQUE frames per second you will get is 60fps; if you use the above command and the display reports 120fps, each unique frame is simply getting posted to the screen twice. No new frames are rendered. The same ones are simply displayed a second time.

Now when using com_fixedtic 1 (no negative sign this time) the engine WILL render more than 60fps but then you will get the fast forward effect.

In any case, if you're talking about refresh rate rather than frames per second, you can try using the setting r_displayRefresh ## (where ## is any number).

OP
S

Slam Team

Journeyman
Arachnid said:
YOu get 60 FPS and you still moaning!!!?

My FX 5200 wants to kill you :D
LOL man... what shud i do...
and btw u guys know any command to record some demos in Doom III..

I tried avidemo but its not working ...

ammusk

Journeyman
FPS Increase

as for the FPS increase u could try tweakguides.com

*www.tweakguides.com/Doom3_1.html

they have a few good tweak guides for the major games around

ammusk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom