don't buy any PHILIPS products & SONY ,LG Computer products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pq

Right off the assembly line

maximum sony optical drives burst out the CDs n DVDs.
AND in the age of old they lost their sence.
for floppy drives sony gives 6 month warinty. but this time is to long for this kind of flop drives.

LG optical drives i ll say those hav no sence about cd, dvds.

here i ll sugest u go for samsung, lite-on, pioneer.

and PHILIPS has nothing good in thire products.

so go for everyone without PHILIPS.

chinmay

Journeyman
dude..its the matter of ones personal experience..i give ppl jus opposite recommendation..i hate samsung..i love lg...currently using its cd writer n dvd..its workin superb...n u know wt..i have a philips 2.1 speaker system-20w rms......it gave a better bass n performance when i compared it to altec lansin 5.1 system n creative megaworks 5.1....philips speakers rock totally...l.gs monitor and optical drives are also really good...

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
true dude. I see no problems with the Sony DVD DL writers example. Anyone I have spoken to says that their drives are working perfectly. Its all a matter of personal choice.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
do u work for Samsung Sales department? :lol:
:lol: Mr PQ first u promise me that everytime my samsung tray will get messed up u'll pay me a 100 bucks!!
these are totaly nonsense claims!!
i have a 32X MAX SONY drive, still working perfectly
i have PHILIPS cd player(7yrs old), PHILIPS DVP320 DVD working perfectly.
and i have to go to samsung service almost 2 times per month(for my RWcombo + cdrw+ Samsung window AC)

rohanbee

Padawan
Re: don't buy any PHILIPS products & SONY ,LG Computer produ

pq said:

for floppy drives sony gives 6 month warinty. but this time is to long for this kind of flop drives.

Dude you shouldn't just flame companies for the sake of it. I have used Sony products since a long time without any complaints and the same with Phillips. On the other hand i have friends with loads of problems with the brands you suggested.

So its just a matter of opinion. If you had a genuine grouse against a particular product say so. Dont take it out on the whole brand. Your arguments dont hold water with me !!!

anishcool

TE God
First question : Have you actually used all these drives that you are commenting on them so harshly ?

If no then shut up and let the guys at TC do their work.

I am using Samsung drives for the past 6 years and I don't have a problem.

pq said:

What do you mean burst out ? LOL

pq said:

Obviously lol, are the drives supposed to have 'sence' or the manufacturers.

Oh and for your spellings do read this. Hope it helps you.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
I'm using a Sony CD-writer for the past 3 years. I have written over 500 CD's with it and it has not produced a single coaster ever. It has read badly scratched discs which no other drive has been able to read. One isloated incident dosen't make it a bad product. You probably used cheap quality media which caused it to "burst out". Don't blame the drive.

Delpiero

Journeyman
pq said:

That's just ur opinion i will stick to mine. Using SonyDVD rom for 18 months and no problems. :D

Hulo

Broken In
Samsung CD drives invariably gets tray closing problem. This is not the case with LG, which I am using for last 3 yrs. I also have a samsung CD drive purchased in 2000 which I use. I doesn't have a tray problem. When u open and close these trays you immediately realise the qualitative difference. In case of LG and the Samsung one frm 2000 the tray closes with a "hydraulic" smoothness. In the other Samsung drives, it closes with a jerk - starts abruptly and stops abruptly. The quality of the tray is also poor. I think Samsung uses some kind of cheap components to make the drive tray mechanism.

[flAsh]

In the zone
I think soon some one will say "DONT BUY ANY COMPUTER PRODUCTS" just b'coz that one had a pissing off experience

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Well, my Samsung Combo Drive's Tray and Lens have gone bad :(

I had a Sony and a CD burst in it.....and I think it was because the CD was so old and I tried to force 52X reading on it by holding the eject button. The Sony writer was excellent though. Not a single coaster and was turbo fast.

Now I'm going to try LG....hopefully I wont suffer in another 6 months

parthbarot

In the zone
ya..
samsung is bogus....:)
and i use lg for 4 years..not a single prob in CD R-RWs...

and yaa i use DVD player of philips which plays DivX on my OnIDA TV...i see divX on my tv..with big sound..
its grt na..

Netjunkie

In the zone
Donno what makes you think that way !!!
I have never used Philips products but LG & SONY have never given me any problems.
Samsung drives are really problematic. I still remember those stacks of CD's which I wasted while burning them on Samsung drives. :evil:

goobimama

 Macboy
I think its all a matter of the piece that you get. I have had a bad trip with the LiteOn dvd drive but my friend has one which is working perfectly. I have an LG drive right now and some others are cursing em'. Its all a matter of getting that particular piece which lasts forever...(forever = a few years)

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
I bought a lite-on dvd writer this june and a cd got burst inside. After that my writer became automatic. It got closed after 5 seconds i open it. But after someday I don't know what happened to it ti automatically got repaired.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
My friend had a Sony which had a slight tray closing problem, but one day, he was angry and he pushed the tray HARD. After that the bug was fixed! :-\ (Unsure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom