Don't Believe the Hype: The 21 Biggest Technology Flops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digit_Dragon

Old Stock in New Bottle!!
Don't Believe the Hype: The 21 Biggest Technology Flops

*www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9012345

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
only Apple can, with clever advertising and relentless word-of-mouth campaigns
.... forget the rest ... i agree with this .... just what we'v been saying :D

eddie

El mooooo
^ Same here!!! Considering the amount of eBooks floating on net they are hardly a flop :?

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
eddie said:
^ Same here!!! Considering the amount of eBooks floating on net they are hardly a flop :?

I just can't read e-books. I downloaded a book on corporate finance, but got sick of staring on the screen, and bought the hard copy.

Maybe it's me, but I can't look at the screen for that long, even though I use a LCD.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Even I don't like to read on computer screen... but dunno sony ebook might be a different experience... BTW its ebook reader which is a flop not ebook..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
E-Books are good, not the readers. It is not a bad concept actully just lack the required hardware or it can easily change the way we read books.

But books are supposed to be shared. You know, like I have a book I can just give it to my friend to read or do questions, no concern of rights management. E-Book should not have DRM at all. Just like paper books, E-Books should be sold legally but without DRM & they should be in PDF cos thats the de-facto standerd out there for digital paper.

E-Books are good, not the readers. It is not a bad concept actully just lack the required hardware or it can easily change the way we read books.

But books are supposed to be shared. You know, like I have a book I can just give it to my friend to read or do questions, no concern of rights management. E-Book should not have DRM at all. Just like paper books, E-Books should be sold legally but without DRM & they should be in PDF cos thats the de-facto standerd out there for digital paper.

@gx_saurav : Amen to that!!

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
@ebooks - they are a flop 'commercial' wise. But since they are distributed through the internet, it doesn't matter if they are a commercial success or not to those who love em :)

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
For all i know i have switched 80% of my reading literature to digital E-book.(Reading on Pocket PC( Clear types on) is the next thing to reading on live raw book pages)
However i must agree on laptop and LCD pc it is rather Disappointing experience.
But get something like portable handheld where you have the option of switching on the clear types onand suddenly it gets fun.Turn on the Ac, off the lights ...get into that Blanket and read yourself to sleep..

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Good link Digit_Dragon. :)

Very sad ending to one of big giant in gaming console segment "SEGA". Dreamcast is a big blow to Sega. They launched the product to regain a place in the gaming segment. Sony Playstation and Microsoft XBox clearly swiped away the market share.

*www.computerworld.com/common/images/site/features/2007/032007/flop_dreamcast.jpg

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
gx_saurav said:

well i support CHM , it's based on HTML n it much easier to use as it also has inbuild search functionality , a recursive menu system , a search function n most of all it's not a resource hog . Also text appears much better when formatted in HTML than in PDF bcoz u can then customize which font u want to see in n what size , etc , etc .

Kiran_tech_mania said:
Good link Digit_Dragon. :)

Very sad ending to one of big giant in gaming console segment "SEGA". Dreamcast is a big blow to Sega. They launched the product to regain a place in the gaming segment. Sony Playstation and Microsoft XBox clearly swiped away the market share.

*www.computerworld.com/common/images/site/features/2007/032007/flop_dreamcast.jpg
what a sad ending to a great product , i own a dreamcast n i can say that it has some of the best game titles released to date . go check gaming sites , Soul Calibur , Resident Evil:Code Veronica are considered the greatest top 10 games of all times n they were exclusive to the DC . Soul Calibur has a rating of 10/10 on GameSpot :shock: :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom