domain transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

realmmahesh

Broken In
hi

i have a .com domain, which i got it registered from my website developer. now he is nt comming up nor i am able to do it myself. also it is expired now. i mean the 1 yr validity is also finished. how can i get it back. like i want the same domain name and i want to create and upload pages of my own. i can't register with someone else also, but i think domain transfer is possible. and also i don't know the password of the domain so that i cud renew n upload my pages.... how do i do it..

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
How long has it been after the expiration, since it will take some time before it is available for new registration at the registry :)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
If the domain name validity has expired, you can get it renewed from any registrar(I don't know if I am 100% correct)
May be cancer10 orSukhdeep can help you the best!

valtea

In the zone
even after the validity has expired there is a thing called grace period. i lost my domain because of this. dont take chances. try to find your registrar, get hold of him and get it transfered to other reliable registrar.
My story was like i had a domain and the site was quite popular (about 100 hits) and then it expired when i tried to renew (i was 1 month late since i didnt get any warning) he told me that my registration period was 1 year and that he is taking the domain. since i didnt have any access i couldn't do anything.

OP
R

realmmahesh

Broken In
thanks for the reply guys.. Wot happened was i think the grace period was also over and then my domian was in the open.... what i did was i just searched for the domain.. and viola it was availabe.. and i registered and now em happy.. Ha ha..

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
realmmahesh said:
thanks for the reply guys.. Wot happened was i think the grace period was also over and then my domian was in the open.... what i did was i just searched for the domain.. and viola it was availabe.. and i registered and now em happy.. Ha ha..
All is well that ends well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom