Domain related question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
I want to buy a domain and space for hosting. the hosting should have .net support for ASP.net. And also java support! I need around 150 MB of space. Its better if the provider is from india.. Doesnt matters much if he is from outside india also! Also i need to buy a domain name also with .com.
Can you guys help me out.How much do u think it may cost me?

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
A offer is running till 30th of this month.Please check this:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74019

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I want to buy a domain. It should have .net support for ASP.net. And also java support! I need around 150 MB of space. Its better if the provider is from india..

I think you are mixing up between Domain and hosting !!!

Domain is an identifier like you telephone number.... !!! like for example chotocheeta.com ... it doesnt come with any hosting support...

.NET / 150 MB Space those are feature of the hosting... for example... VSNL is one of the indian Web Hoting service...

*www.vsnl.in/corporateservices/idc.php

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

Choto Cheeta said:
I think you are mixing up between Domain and hosting !!!

Domain is an identifier like you telephone number.... !!! like for example chotocheeta.com ... it doesnt come with any hosting support...

.NET / 150 MB Space those are feature of the hosting... for example... VSNL is one of the indian Web Hoting service...

*www.vsnl.in/corporateservices/idc.php
Oh sorry.. i mean 150 mb of hosting and a .com domain name!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
As Ravi said, you may use his service for the domain, also there are many others here at the forum who sales domain name... like Ashok, or Ashish (TuxFan), or Sukhdeb...

if its .com domain you may try at Yahoo Domains also, as its USD 1.99 for the 1st year there :)

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

Choto Cheeta said:
As Ravi said, you may use his service for the domain, also there are many others here at the forum who sales domain name... like Ashok, or Ashish (TuxFan), or Sukhdeb...

if its .com domain you may try at Yahoo Domains also, as its USD 1.99 for the 1st year there :)

Hmmm.. but what about hosting.. I saw this site *nettigritty.com/. I have used there service before and was totally satisfied but i feel the price is too much!

Also i think i will need a windows based hosting if i want .net right?

Choto Cheeta said:

Can u tell me where u saw USD 1.99. I saw the rate for 1 month not for 1 year!.. Can u provide any link!

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

Searching the forum would have helped... anyway there are many thread with this discussion.. one of them is this one.. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71204 refer here for more info :)

ahref

In the zone
for .net you need windows hosting, if you are satisfied with your previous host stick with them, may be you get cheap service but not necessarily it will satisfy you.

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

ahref said:
for .net you need windows hosting, if you are satisfied with your previous host stick with them, may be you get cheap service but not necessarily it will satisfy you.
Ya thats true! but I feel that its too much! Can u guys just check those price and give me any suggestions!
*nettigritty.com/

ahref

In the zone
Ya thats true! but I feel that its too much! Can u guys just check those price and give me any suggestions!
Price depend on many variables, including quality of support. It is you have to decide, whether you should buy from them or not.

why don't U buy 1 from ashok (ahref)...but can't say exactly about his service.
Thanx for recommending. I have some windows hosting customer in this forum.

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

Ya thats true.. I am actually waiting to get some feedback from some existing users who availed those services!

@ahref: Is your site is *www.ewebguru.com.. then its not opening.. Or is there any other site!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@the.kaushik

Open fine at my place with DATA One connection... :) try some proxy like, *www.hidemyass.com :) see if it opens there or not... may be a temp or ISP problem..

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

Now a new problem! All those hosting site i visited they give either .NET or JAVA/Tomcat.. but not both.. I want both!

@Choto Cheeta:
its opening now! May be some temp problem!

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
shashank4u said:
Ravi do you provide windows based hosting ??
No..currently I deal only Linux hosting, linux reseller hosting, linux server...

And yeah, Domain and domain reseller too.

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

Guys though EWEBGURU gives at a very good price but i cant go for it. From a conversation with them i came to know
"Yes we do not have .net support in linux, infact we do not have java/tomcat in both windows and linux.
"
So its useless if i want dynamic website :(
Any other suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom