Does PCI sound card makes difference??

soyab0007

In the zone
I am having asus m4n68 motherboard does adding an extra sound card makes difference in audio quality over onboard audio...
i am planning to buy used Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE PCI Sound Card and later on will buy speakers like logitech z313 or altec vs2621...

For 2.1 you don't need a sound card. If you are going for high end 5.1 or 7.1 setups for your PC it is suggested to use a sound card for better quality.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
IF you really dont do any sound editing work or similar kind of work or have deep interest in music Sound card is not really necessary

Also, how much help a Sound card would do to a 2.1 system I am not sure

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Definitely, my brother owns one of the Asus's Xonar cards.. He runs BOSE speaker system with it, the sound clarity is mind blowing.

S_V

In the zone
@soyab0007

Yes.. It does make difference. These are the plus points if you have additional sound card than onboard Chip

1. Everything sounds better.
2. You will have more High Volumes than onboard. Onboard sound is weak.
3. With sound card ,Voices will be crisp and Clear compared to onboard.
4. Headphones sounds way better
5. If speakers are above 1000 rs they def'ly need sound card for better experience especially the ones you mentioned.
6. It might save some resources from processor.
7. It's never waste of money.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
i am planning to buy used Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE PCI Sound Card and later on will buy speakers like logitech z313 or altec vs2621...

If its going to be vs2621/z313, i'd say skip the sound card n invest on better speakers like edifier C2...
Gone are the days wen 2-3K speakers sounded better with sound cards...

Top Bottom