Does Megapixels matter????

Status
Not open for further replies.

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
Hey guyz, I really feel frustrated when people compare the mps of different cameras and say "This camera has more Mps so this is better". But is this true?? I mean I have tried out Nokia 6630, Nokia 6630, Nokia 3230 & W550i - all have 1.3 Megapixel camera but I saw that the quality of 6600 pics were not even close to 6630. Does the quality of a mobile camera depend on Megapixels alone?????

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
well .. on the lens to be more particular ... compare a d500 and a 6681 in indoors ... u'll see ... but unless u have a fast mobile .. higher rated camera's often tend to become slow ... for example consider the 2 MP camera on the 6270 ... a tad slow at when the iq is set to highest ....

prankie

D PrankMaster
Higher Mega pixel => Larger image.
there is no direct relation between megapixel and image quality.
it depends on the type of lens and on the device.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
dude yes mp do take a big hand in ur pocket but if u wanna buy the best go for se d series the latest in the race i mean they are named as "cybershot"
imagine 3.2mp

even bad for sony as samsung has already launched a 7mp fone in some country if u wanna buy then go man

well i prefer a cameraless fone that is ngage qd

OP
maharajadhiraj

maharajadhiraj

In the zone
one of my uncles, living in south korea tells that in korea, u won't find even a single gsm phone, all cdma. and the camera with the least mp is 5!!!!!!!!!!

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
mp does matter but we seen k800i 3mp camera beats n80 3.2mp camera...sony has d cybershot advantage so mp is not just all but it does hv to do wit resolution

cheers

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
basically it can draw that much texture for that size (mega-pixel) or resolution...so it gives more clarity as mp increases... but other things as mentioned above also do matter...

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom