Does icecream sandwitch perform better than honeycomb?

hari1

In the zone
I currently have a samsung galaxy tab 10.1:).
I think that many of digitians have or tried icecream sandwitch on tablets.
I am currently facing many problems with my galaxy tab. I have installed android 3.2 on it.
It freezes again and again :-x . I have instaled just about 10 apps and removed all useless apps but still it hangs many times.
The applications crash frequently :-x . Most of the apps that I have used must have crashed at least two to three times.
The inbuilt web browser crashes ten times a day(or even more).:-x
Even the system UI crashes some times.
Overall honeycomb is really a bad OS which needs to fix lotsssss of bugs.

I do not know when icecram sandwitch update would come for it.
I want to know whether icecream sandwitch has the problems listed above or not as I cannot use this poor OS anymore. Does ICS on tablets hangs again and again like honeycomb ?
Please tell me your experiences with ICS:).

OP
hari1

hari1

In the zone
To Sam: So have you used ICS ? Is it really freeze proof?
Also I was thinking of buying an ipad 2.
:mrgreen:Should I get it or stay with this tablet.

Also if I jailbreak the ipad and then unjailbreak it will I get my warranty back?:mrgreen:

red dragon

Master troll
Nothing is freeze proof.
Yes,ipad is somewhat idiot proof.
Yes after restore(nothing called unjailbreak)you get your warranty back.
But before doing anything,read about jailbreak,cydia,installous etc..You may end up with a bricked ipad.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
To Sam: So have you used ICS ? Is it really freeze proof?

red dragon has already said it.

themed Android will always fail. yes, AOSP or the custom roms with almost default Android runs better & will freeze rarely. but once you start adding those bloatware skins, its a different story.

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
If your apps are hanging/crashing randomly, then they are poorly coded.

Honeycomb itself is buggy and ICS has patched most of the issues.
You should try looking for AOSP ROMs as Sam said, they would perform better. :)

On iPad, no comments. :p

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I currently have a samsung galaxy tab 10.1:).
I think that many of digitians have or tried icecream sandwitch on tablets.
I am currently facing many problems with my galaxy tab. I have installed android 3.2 on it.
It freezes again and again :-x . I have instaled just about 10 apps and removed all useless apps but still it hangs many times.
The applications crash frequently :-x . Most of the apps that I have used must have crashed at least two to three times.
The inbuilt web browser crashes ten times a day(or even more).:-x
Even the system UI crashes some times.
Overall honeycomb is really a bad OS which needs to fix lotsssss of bugs.

I do not know when icecram sandwitch update would come for it.
I want to know whether icecream sandwitch has the problems listed above or not as I cannot use this poor OS anymore. Does ICS on tablets hangs again and again like honeycomb ?
Please tell me your experiences with ICS:).

Have you checked for any available updates on your Galaxy Tab? I am sure there were stability patches even for Honeycomb.

You will get official ICS on your tablet soon, most probably before the end of April. ICS is a lot better, faster, more stable... Wait for it...

Google knew Honeycomb was only a stop-gap measure, and so did not open source it. It is just beta software...

Don't buy the iPad 2 yet. Wait for ICS...

Top Bottom